Taylor Builders Edition 816ce Electro Acoustic Guitar
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
Are you looking to invest in a new acoustic guitar, which has been crafted using the finest materials, and sports a host of player-focused enhancements and features? Then the Taylor Builders Edition 816ce could well be for you!
A New Dimension In Acoustic Sound
Each guitar from Taylor's incredible Builder's Edition family has been specially-crafted to be comfortable to play, awesome to listen to, and beautiful to behold.
In this case we have the incredible Builder's Edition 816ce - a newly redesigned Grand Symphony guitar, packed full of innovative features and sporting an incredible voice.
Taylor Builders Edition 816ce Electro Acoustic Guitar Highlights
- Premium-quality, Grand Symphony-style guitar from Taylor's illustrious Builder's Edition collection
- Lutz Spruce top and an Indian Rosewood back and sides, with chamfered edges for maximum comfort
- Partial cutaway with an innovative off-axis soundport
- V-Class bracing system
- Sleek Mahogany neck with the Taylor Neck profile shape
- West African Ebony fingerboard with rolled fret edges and "Windansea" inlays
- Features a host of premium, player-centric appointments
- Ultra-precise Gotoh 510 tuners, with an antique gold finish
- Expression System 2 pickup and preamp
- Includes a deluxe Western Floral hardshell case
Exquisite Tonewood Selection
As one of the most popular guitar tonewood combinations of all time, there's no denying that when Rosewood and Spruce come together something magical happens.
With Rosewood for the back and sides, this guitar produces a voice that's rich in low frequencies, with an articulate top-end sparkle.
Complimenting this, we have a top crafted from Lutz Spruce - a tonewood renowned for its incredible projection and tonal richness.
These woods come together perfectly to bring you a guitar suited to most playing styles and genres, whether you're playing live or in the studio.
As mentioned above, the Spruce top has been fitted with Taylor's acclaimed V-Class bracing system, giving this guitar a much more robust, and vivid tonal response.
This bracing system has been specially-designed to allow the perfect compromise between stability and performance, increasing the guitar's volume and sustain, as well as extra clarity and response.
This responsive, touch-sensitive nature allows you to perform a wide variety of play-style and dynamics, without losing balance or becoming lost in the mix.
As you will notice from the above images, the Taylor Builder's Edition 816ce comes equipped with a unique looking partial cutaway.
This cutaway sports an innovative off-axis soundport, that works together with the guitar's V-Class bracing to deliver a more immersive, almost-surround-sound musical experience.
In addition to this, the fretboard and guitar body have been given chamfered (rounded) edges, which offer a much more inviting feel and deliver a more comfortable playing experience, whatever your playstyle.
Accurately Capture Your Acoustic Sound
For when you want to amplify your sound or record your playing without setting up a mic in front of it, this guitar comes equipped with Taylor's acclaimed ES2 pickup and preamp.
This pickup sits behind the saddle (rather than underneath) and is specially-designed to accurately pick up and translate the strings vibrations through to the preamp.
The preamp's controls are situated on the bass-side upper bout, and allow you to control your overall output, whilst fine-tuning your bass and treble frequencies.
Taylor Builders Edition 816ce Electro Acoustic Guitar Specs
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: West African Ebony
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16-1/4"
- Body Depth: 4-5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Rock Maple
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Rosette Mat.: Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: Natural
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Windansea
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: West African Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Windansea
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Gold
- Edge Trim: Maple/Indian Rosewood
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.000000|
|MPN||Builders Edition 816ce|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Tropical Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||Acoustic Pickup System|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||grand symphony cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||rosewood body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.