The Taylor 612ce 12-Fret Grand Concert V-Class is a fantastic re-design of a classic 600-Series guitar. Comfortable to play, aesthetically stunning, and tonally versatile, this guitar would make a great centrepiece to any players collection.
Small Bodied, Shorter-Neck-Scale Guitar, With a Big, Rich Voice!
Taylor's 600 Series delivers a range of premium-quality guitars with Maple bodies. In this case we have a 612ce 12-Fret - a Grand Concert-style guitar, with a soft Venetian cutaway, Sitka Spruce top, V-Class bracing, and ES2 electronics system.
The end result is a smaller-bodied guitar, with a surprising amount of warmth, richness, and natural volume, that's an absolute dream to play.
Taylor 612ce 12-Fret Grand Concert V-Class Highlights
- Premium-grade 600 Series guitar with a 12-fret neck join and soft Venetian cutaway
- Figured Maple body capped with a Sitka Spruce top
- Smaller body and shorter-scale neck results in an intimate, comfortable playing experience
- Revolutionary V-Class bracing system results in more volume, longer sustain, and better intonation
- Premium aesthetics, including a rich, hand-rubbed "Brown Sugar" stain to the back and sides
- ES2 pickup and preamp system
- Includes Deluxe hard shell case
- Finance options available
As mentioned above, for the 612ce Taylor have decided to compliment the Maple body with a solid Sitka Spruce top piece.
For the 600 Series, Taylor have revoiced their Maple bodies, resulting in greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain, and responsiveness than ever before.
Sitting atop the Maple, you'll find a piece of Sitka Spruce, which is the soundboard of choice for many acoustic guitars. This particular wood is prized for its versatility, and produces a broad, dynamic range, and makes the guitar ideal for a wide range of playing styles.
To achieve a successful 12-fret neck join without compromising the guitar's tone, Taylor have also shifted the bridge to compensate. The end result is a guitar with a comparable scale length to a more traditional acoustic, but with added punch to the midrange.
Taylor's revolutionary V-Class bracing system is specially designed to add more volume, longer sustain, and more accurate intonation.
This new bracing system allows the top piece to vibrate more freely, and eliminates most of the interference which would sometimes cause notes to falter and sound out of tune.
Expression System 2
Taylor's ES2 is unlike most other "Piezo"-style pickups. This expertly-designed electronics system utilises a behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three individually calibrated pickup sensors.
The location of this pickup alone ensures more of the guitars natural dynamics are captured, whilst the electronics produce a much more responsive, amplified tone.
Whether you want to plug into your favourite amp, the front of house PA system, or studio mixing desk, the ES2 will allow you to do it.
Available to Order Now!
Keep your eyes peeled for this amazing electro acoustic guitar landing at at PMT Store near you soon! Alternatively, place your order Online today and choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery and Store Pickup options!
Taylor 612ce 12-Fret Grand Concert V-Class Specs
- Scale Length: 24-7/8"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: Ebony
- Pickguard: Striped Ebony
- Number of Frets: 18
- Tuners: Taylor Slot Head
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 19-1/2"
- Body Width: 15"
- Body Depth: 4-3/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Ebony
- Top Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Gloss 3.5
- Backstrap Wood: Ebony with Inlay
- Rosette Mat.: Ebony/Ivoroid/Abalone
- Stain/Sunburst: Brown Sugar
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Ivoroid Wings
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: Ebony
- Peghead Type: Slot Head
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Ivoroid Wings
- Peghead Logo: Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Buttons: Grained Ivoroid
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||tropical mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||1x under saddle|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||grand concert cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*