Something of a holy grail for guitar and keyboard players, there's nothing quite like a rotary speaker for rich, swirling modulation. The Strymon Lex captures the magical quality of source, rotary speaker and microphone. Strymon spent countless hours modelling real physical rotaries to nail the exact sound and then put the power in your hands to tweak mic distance, preamp level and speed. You can even take an individual Bass/Treble horn outputs from the pedal and send them to different speaker cabs for a supremely authentic setup in the studio or on stage, without worrying about maintenance or transport hassle.
You get eight parameters to tweak, allowing extensive control over the tonality and mechanics of the rotating speaker system. You can manipulate each element, from rotor speed, horn level, acceleration time, microphone distance, tube drive and saturation, and volume level. Go from a maelstrom of dramatic, up-close, sweeping and swirling sounds, all the way to mellow, tranquil and calming undulations. All of this without a giant cabinet, microphone setup, and costly motor maintenance.
- Hand crafted rotary algorithms faithfully deliver the signature, three-dimensional rotating speaker experience
- Extensive control over rotating speaker mechanics and configuration
- Four rotary adjustment and tone shaping knobs:
- Fast Rotor Speed, Preamp Drive, Mic Distance, Horn Level.
- Four “hidden” knobs for extensive tone tweaking:
- Slow Rotor Speed, Cab Direction, Acceleration Time, +/- 6dB Boost/Cut.
- Instantly alternate between a fast and slow rotor speed with the Fast/Slow footswitch
- Selectable Cab Filter allows for an optimal experience in front of guitar amplifiers and full range systems
Ins, Outs, Switches
- Stereo output, high impedance mono input
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect our optional Favorite switch to save a favorite preset or use as an external speed switch
- Fast/Slow and Bypass footswitches
- Press and hold Fast/Slow footswitch for Rotary Brake
- Selectable Bi-Amp mode splits bass rotor and treble horn signals to separate outputs
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110dB typical signal to noise
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight mahogany anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*