If you're looking for an affordable bass guitar, that is suitable for smaller player, and looks really cool too, then you're in luck! Introducing the Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special SS LF Silver - a versatile short-scale bass packed full of great, vintage-like tones, that won't cost you an arm and a leg!
A Versatile Short Scale Bass - Ideal for Beginners
With this bass you get classic Fender looks, bags of versatility, awesome sound, and a high level of comfort - everything an aspiring bassist could want from their first instrument!
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special SS LF Silver Highlights
- Affordable short-scale bass guitar
- Classic Fender Jaguar Bass body shape
- Lightweight Agathis body, with a Silver finish
- Black pickguard, headstock, pickup covers, and control knobs
- Split and Single Coil pickups offer you a versatile arrange of tones to play with
- Sleek Maple neck, capped with an Indian Laurel fingerboard
- Perfect for complete beginners and smaller players
- Available whilst stocks last
- Superb value for money
Short Scale Construction
Thanks to its shorter-scale neck, this Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass is incredibly comfortable to play.
The shorter scale results in less string tension, making the notes easier to play, and reducing hand fatigue - perfect for helping to develop your playing technique!
With a P-Bass style, vintage-voiced Split Coil pickup sitting in the middle, and a J-Bass style Single Coil pickup at the bridge, this bass gives you an awful lot of tones to play around with.
If it's a bright, crisp, and articulate sound you're after, with plenty of bite and funk, then the Bridge pickup can provide it. However, if you'd prefer that thunderous, classic bass sound that's been shaping the music industry since the 1950s, the Split Coil pickup is where it's at.
Thanks to the independent volume controls on this bass, you can easily pick one pickup over the other, or even a unique mixture of both!
Available to Order Now
If you'd like to query the availability of this bass, then be sure to contact our Online Sales Team or your Local PMT Store directly.
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special SS LF Silver Specs
- Model Name: Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Special SS, Laurel Fingerboard, Silver
- Model #: 0378800591
- Series: Vintage Modified Models
- Country Of Origin: ID
- Color: Silver
- Body: Agathis
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jaguar Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 5250XL Short-Scale NPS, (.040-.095 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Short Scale, Black Jazz Bass Control Knobs, Black Painted Headstock, Slim Fast Action Neck
- Dimensions: 3.90" x 14.70" x 44.00"
- Weight: 11.00 LB
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x split coil 1 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||agathis body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jaguar style|
September 4, 2019Read Article
February 18, 2019Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*