The Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI 3-Color Sunburst Laurel is a great homage to an instrument that was originally produced from 1961 to 1975.
An Affordable Take On A Classic Fender Bass Guitar
Finding favour with bands ranging from The Beatles to The Cure, the distinctive sound of the Bass VI is perfect for when you want to add a little extra sonic texture to your playing.
Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI 3-Color Sunburst Laurel Highlights
- Distinctive looks and tone
- Three custom Jaguar single coil pickups deliver a versatile array of sounds
- Vintage style floating vibrato bridge
- Comfortable body shape, with an easy-to-play bolt-on Maple neck
- Bound Indian Laurel fingerboard, with Pearloid block inlays
- Suitable for intermediate to experienced players looking to add a little extra sonic flavour to their sound
- Limited availability
- Finance options available
Are You Sure It's A Bass?
Absolutely positive. Whilst the Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI may resemble a vintage 6-stringed guitar, albeit with a slightly longer neck, it's most certainly still a bass.
The strings on this guitar are tuned E to E, but a whole octave below standard guitar tuning - or an octave above a standard bass. This results in a bass that can be played like a guitar - in other words you can play full chords, use a pick, play melody lines etc - just in a lower register.
The electronics on the Squier VM Bass VI are very similar to those you'd find on a vintage Jaguar guitar. In fact, the pickups themselves are Jaguar single coils - with the middle pickup being Reverse Wound, Reverse Polarity.
This results in a versatile, articulate range of sounds, with an On/Off switch for each pickup, and a Tone Control Slider switch to give that classic Jaguar "Strangle" tone.
Unfortunately, Squier no longer manufacture Vintage Modified instruments, so this awesome Bass VI in particular is only available whilst stocks last. If you'd like to query the availability of this bass, please contact our Online Sales Team directly.
Squier Vintage Modified Bass VI 3-Color Sunburst Specifications:
- Model Name: Vintage Modified Bass VI, Laurel Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model #: 0375600500
- Series: Vintage Modified Models
- Country Of Origin: ID
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Other
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw
- Middle Pickup: Custom RWRP Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw
- Neck Pickup: Custom Single-Coil Jaguar with Claw
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 4-On/Off Slide Switches (One for Each Pickup, and a Tone Control Bass Cut slider)
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender Nickel-Plated Steel, (.024, .034, .044, .056, .072, .084, Gauges)
- Unique Features: White Bound Fingerboard with White Pearloid Block Position Inlays, Single Wing String Tree
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Body Material||basswood body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jaguar style|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.