The SE Electronics Gemini II features a dual valve design delivering pure valve warmth from the 12AX7 input valve, coupled with a 12AU7 valve on the output stage. This results in a large, warm recording which sounds remarkable for both male and female vocals.
The SE Electronics Gemini II tube microphone offers the warm tone often associated with a vintage valve mic but will all the modern comforts.
Most microphones use a transformer to optimize the mic's output impedance and couple the mic to the mic preamplifier. With the Gemini II, this optimization is accomplished with a second vacuum tube, negating any high-frequency rolloff typically incurred with a transformer.
The Gemini II comes packaged in a wooden presentation box next to its custom shockmount and robust power supply, all within a secure and solid flight case.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted True Condenser
- Diaphragm: 35mm Gold/Mylar
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 35.48 mV/Pa (-29 dB)
- Max SPL: 135/145 dB (0/-10 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 75 dB
- Self Noise: 19 dB(A)
- Pass Filter Switch: 150 Hz
- Preattenuation Pad: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Dedicated PSU (included)
- Weight (mic): 1224g / 43.18oz
- Weight (PSU): 1691g / 59.65oz
- Tube complement: 1x 12AX7/ECC83, 1x 12AU7/ECC82
- Connector: XLR3F from PSU
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*