Roland SPD-SX Special Edition an incredible sampling pad with expanded onboard storage, perfect for serious performers who need access to all their original sounds.
If you purchase a Roland SPD-SX or SPD-SX Special Edition between 1st December 2019 and 28th February 2020, you will be eligible to claim up to 10,000 premium-quality samples and the SPD-SX-Editor for free!
Simply head on over to the Official Roland Promotional Offer Website and register your purchase with them, and begin powering up your product in style.
SPD-SX Special Edition
Designed for Professional Performance
Designed with professional performers in mind, the new Special Edition version of the SPD-SX sampling pad features an expanded 16GB of internal storage which can hold up to 50 hours of mono samples.
Unlike the original SPD-SX which only held 2GB of internal memory, the huge 16GB storage space on the SPD-SX Special Edition means that you can take all your sounds with you, all the time, without requiring any external memory.
Using sub outputs you can monitor your work or send individual pads to separate channels of a mixing desk. The internal click can be output via the phones output alone and controlled with a dedicated volume knob and start/stop button.
Additionally, you can connect up to four extra pads for an even larger set up.
Multi-Pad Sampling and Real-Time Effects
For ease of use and a more streamlined experience, the SPD-SX Special Edition has some really intuitive features that put a lot of power at your fingertips.
Stream audio in from an external audio player or your computer using either the Audio In or USB inputs and strike the pads when you want to set start and end points and the sample will be automatically cut and assigned to the pad you used – it’s that easy.
With this smooth and seamless process, creating your samples is easier than ever and makes sampling on the fly and creating multi-sampled phrases and pad maps a breeze.
Three powerful and comprehensive multi-effects engines have been built into the SPD-SX Special Edition adding even more options for creating your own sonic identity.
Live performances are more dynamic, expressive and exciting with the use of the master effects engine allowing you to perform in real-time with dedicated front-panel controls.
Filters, delays, short loopers and user-assignable effects can all be manipulated and adjusted with a simple four button, two knob control setup.
The nine pads of the SPD-SX Special Edition are easy to play and feature LED illumination which is great for when you’re performing on a dimly lit stage.
Connect to Your Computer
Included with each purchase of the SPD-SX Special Edition is a license for Ableton Live Lite allowing you to create your own original samples and use the SPD-SX unit as a pad controller for Ableton.
Audio can be streamed from Ableton Live Lite through the pad while you play with the sounds using the built-in master effects of the SPD-SX.
With the use of a single USB cable you can connect to Ableton Live Lite for great performance options and add more effects using Ableton Live Lite’s plug-ins.
The SPD-SX Special Edition also boasts extremely fast triggering and very low latency so it is great for use as a MIDI pad controller for any DAW.
But that’s not all; you can record pretty much any audio from your computer onto the SPD-SX Special Edition and use it however you want. That’s sounds from your web browser, media players, audio software, you name it – all at your disposable for unique and versatile sounds for incredible performances.
With the dedicated SPD-SX Wave Manager software, importing and assigning samples to the SPD-SX Special Edition is streamlined and intuitive. You can import audio files from your computer to the SPD-SX, assign samples to pads, organise thousands of files in your library and more.
Using the SPD-SX Special Editions USB memory port you can even import audio files from a flash drive or other USB memory device directly and assign them to pads.
Roland SPD-SX Special Edition Sampling Pad Key Features:
- 16GB Internal Memory for up to 50 Hours of Mono Sample Storage
- Ableton Live Lite License Included
- Sparkling Red Finish
- Nine Easy-To-Play, Velocity Sensitive Rubber Pads
- LED Illumination on Pads Works Great on Dimly Lit Stages
- Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three Onboard Multi-Effects Processors
- Import, Assign and Organise Samples with Ease by Connecting to Your Computer
- Includes SPD-SX Wave Manager Software
Roland SPD SX Special Edition Sampling Pad Specs:
- Pads: Built-in pads: 9 (with LED indicators)
* Two external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect up to four Pads.
- Maximum Polyphony: 20 voices
* Maximum polyphony becomes 16 voices according as an operating state.
- Number of Recordable Wave Data: 10,000
* Including preload wave data.
- Sampling Time (Total time for all wave data): Approx. 25 hour in stereo (50 hour in mono)
* Since the internal memory included with the SPD-SX Special Edition contains preload data, the available sampling time will be less than the time above.
- Data Format: 16-bit linear PCM (WAV/AIFF)
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Kits: 100
- Kit Chain: 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Effects: Master Effects (21 types), Equalizer, Kit Effect 1 (20 types), Kit Effect 2 (20 types)
- Display: Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Connectors: PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type). MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type), SUB OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type), AUDIO IN jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) (with LINE-MIC GAIN control), TRIG IN jacks (1/2, 3/4) (1/4-inch TRS phone type), FOOT SW jack (1/2) (1/4-inch TRS phone type), MIDI connectors (IN, OUT), DC IN jack, COMPUTER connector, USB MEMORY connector
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB (USB-MIDI, USB-AUDIO, USB Mass Storage Class, USB Flash Drive)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC Adaptor)
- Current Draw: 600 Ma
- Accessories: Ableton Live Lite Serial Number Card, CD-ROM (SPD-SX Wave Manager, USB driver, preload wave data), Owner's Manual, AC Adaptor
- Options (sold separately): Pads (PD series, PDX series), Cymbals (CY series), Kick Triggers (KD series, KT series), Pad Stand (PDS-10), All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33), Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-30K, RT-30HR, RT-30H), Pedal Switch (DP-2), Footswitch (BOSS FS-5U, FS-6, FS-7), Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10), Y cable (PCS-31L), USB Flash Memory
Size and Weight
- Width: 364 mm (14-3/8 inches)
- Depth: 331 mm (13-1/16 inches)
- Height: 94 mm (3-3/4 inches)
- Weight (excluding AC Adaptor): 2.5 kg (5lbs 9oz)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.