The flagship Roland RD-800 is a portable, managable stage piano perfect for the road or touring musician. The PHA-4 Concert Keybed features sublime escapement and an Ebony/Ivory Feel which sounds and feels like a grand piano costing five times this price!
The selection of world-class acoustic pianos has been expanded and enhanced, while the 88-note keyboard features their latest flagship hammer-action design for a premium weighted touch.
Built for the Live Stage
For over 25 years, Roland’s highly respected RD-series stage pianos have been the instruments of choice for the world’s leading performing artists. Rocketing the RD legacy into its next generation, the new RD-800 offers a sleek, updated look and many improvements in sound, feel, and versatility.
The intuitive front panel is very similar from it's older brother, the RD-700NX, which is incredibly easy to navigate even at the back of the darkest stages. A backlit colour LCD Display gives you access to patch recall and other information, alongside a dedicated Tone Colour knob and controls for your effects, EQ and dynamics all at the tip of your fingers.
- Professional stage piano with the acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine plus many other top Roland sounds and features
- Choose from a wide selection of acoustic pianos voiced for live playing, including a new Concert Grand tone derived from the V-Piano Grand, upright tones, and more
- Newly enhanced SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos and clavs with authentic vintage sound and feel
- Over 1100 additional sounds for versatility on stage, including Virtual Tone Wheel organs, vintage keys, modern synths, and many others
- Roland’s top-of-the-line PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, equipped with the latest touch-detection technology
- Intuitive interface designed for easy operation while performing, with fast access to essential functions such as tone layering, keyboard split point, and more
- Manipulate sounds quickly on stage via dedicated controls for Live Set selection, part levels, Modulation FX, Tremolo, Amp Simulator, and more
- Tone Color knob provides complex tonal manipulation in real time with a single control
- Color LCD and panel knobs with LED indicators provide easy visibility on dark stages
- WAV recording/song playback and user memory backup with optional USB flash memory
- Master MIDI keyboard controller features; four external pedal connections (Damper, FC1, FC2, and EXT)
- 1/4-inch and balanced XLR stereo output jacks; convenient 1/8-inch stereo input for connecting a music player or other device
- Sleek, durable design with reduced weight for easier transport
In addition to authentic acoustic pianos, the Roland RD-800 includes a variety of newly enhanced SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos representing classic instruments from the ‘60s, ‘70s, and ‘80s. You can select among 5 types and 56 variations, and then fine-tune a sound in great detail with parameters like mechanical key on/off noise, key off resonance, damper noise, and many others. With the Tone Color knob, you can even morph seamlessly between two different electric piano models or tones to create all-new sounds. Great effects are available for enhancing your EP sounds, including a number of tremolo variations, an authentic phaser, and an amp simulator (with several speaker types) to achieve accurate vintage distortion characteristics.
Choose from a wide selection of instruments (over 1,100 in total!) of acoustic pianos voiced for live playing, including a new Concert Grand tone derived from the stunning V-Piano Grand, upright tones, and many more. For backing track and rehearsals, the WAV recording/song playback and user memory backup with optional USB flash memory is a useful feature for any professional keyboard player.
Going far beyond piano tones, the Roland RD-800 offers an enormous variety of additional sounds to expand your versatility for live gigs. With over 1,100 tone variations available, you’re sure to find just the right sounds to suit any genre or performing situation. 10 different Virtual Tone Wheel organs are on board, as well as a SuperNATURAL-based clav, a wide range of vintage keyboards, and up-to-date synth sounds for modern music styles. The RD-800 also includes powerful master MIDI keyboard features for playing and controlling external sound sources on stage or in the studio.
In Full Effect
Included in the Roland RD-800 is a large selection of simultaneous effects with dedicated real-time controls for processing and enhancing your sounds as you play. Rich ambience is available with the reverb and delay effects, while the Modulation FX section offers a choice of 56 diverse effects types. The Tremolo and Amp Simulator section includes a number of tremolo and amp types for electric pianos, a rotary effect for authentic organ tones, and more.
There’s also a dedicated five-band equalizer for shaping your sound, and four controls that can be assigned to control a variety of parameters of your choosing. In addition, the unique and powerful Tone Color knob allows you to dramatically alter many sound aspects optimized for different tone categories with a single control, such as widening or narrowing the stereo image, morphing between two different sounds, or boosting the presence to cut through a dense mix.
Filled with Roland’s best piano features and much more, the RD-800 delivers top performance and maximum stage versatility in one impressive instrument.
Sound Generator Section
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
- Parts: 16 parts (4 parts are used in the live set)
- Sound Generator:
- SuperNATURAL Piano
- SuperNATURAL (E.Piano, Clav)
- Virtual Tone Wheel Organ
- PCM Sound Generator
- Tones: 1,113 tones
- Live Sets: 200
- Piano Designer (Only for SuperNATURAL Piano):
- Tone Color: 0 - 127
- Nuance: TYPE1 - TYPE3
- Damper Noise: 0 - 127
- Duplex Scale: 0 - 127
- String Resonance: 0 - 127
- Key Off Resonance: 0 - 127
- Hammer Noise: -2 - +2
- Character: -5 - +5
- Sound Lift: 0 - 127
- Individual Note Voicing:
- Tuning: -50.0 - +50.0 cent
- Level: -50 - 0
- Character: -5 - +5
Audio File Player
- File Format:
- File Format: Audio Files (WAV format, 44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear)
- Rhythm Pattern: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 4
- EQUALIZER/DELAY/ASSIGNABLE knobs x 4 (with illumination)
- REVERB knob (with illumination)
- TONE COLOR knob (with illumination)
- MODULATION FX DEPTH knob (with illumination)
- MODULATION FX RATE knob (with illumination)
- TREMOLO DEPTH knob (with illumination)
- TREMOLO RATE knob (with illumination)
- AMP SIMULATOR DRIVE knob (with illumination)
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
- Display Theme: 3 themes
- Display: Graphic color LCD 320 x 240 dots
- OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT (L, R) jacks: XLR type
- INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- Pedal (DAMPER, FC1, FC2, EXT) jacks: TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, THRU/OUT2) connectors
- USB (COMPUTER) port: USB type B
- USB (MEMORY/WLAN ADAPTOR) port: USB type A
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- AC In jack
- Power Consumption: 12 W
- Owner's manual
- Power cord
- Damper pedal (capable of continuous detection)
- Cord clamp
- Keyboard stand: KS-G8, KS-G8B
- Piano pedal: RPU-3
- Damper pedal: DP-10
- Pedal switch: DP-2
- Expression pedal: EV-5, EV-7
- USB Flash Memory
- Wireless USB Adapter
Size and Weight
- Width: 1400 mm, 55-1/8 inches
- Depth: 367 mm, 14-1/2 inches
- Height: 138 mm, 5-7/16 inches
- Weight: 21.7 kg, 47 lbs. 14 oz.
|Effects||56 x modulation fx, 5 x tremolo, 6 x reverb, 5 x delay, sympathetic resonance, 3-band compression, 5-band digital equalizer|
|Number of Keys||88 keys|
|Synthesis Type||supernatural piano/e-piano, virtual tone wheel organ, pcm sound generator|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*