Roland R-26, a 6-channel handheld portable recorder.
R-26 – 6-Channel Multi-Dimensional Recording
Handheld audio recorders are the perfect solution for musicians, recording engineers and sound engineers who want to record on-the-go and with the R-26, Roland have taking the portable audio recorder to another level.
New DSP Technology, Built-In Stereo Microphones
Taking advantage of Roland’s newest DSP engine, the R-26 can record six channels (three stereo channels) simultaneously.
Utilising both directional and omnidirectional stereo microphones that are built into the R-26, with the ability to record with both types simultaneously you get great recording.
You can capture the same sound source with three different microphones, both internal and external, giving you multiple recordings to work with afterwards, allowing you to choose your favourite from individual tracks or a composite mix.
With this unique multi-stereo microphone setup, you can capture an amazingly wide stereo soundfield for an immersive, multi-dimensional recording.
External Inputs and USB Connectivity for Direct Recording
The Roland R-26 features two built-in XLR/TRS combo mic inputs along with an input for a stereo plug-in powered microphone which you can use simultaneously with the internal microphones.
A great example of how this can be used to take full advantage of live sound is to capture a stereo mix directly from the venue’s mixer via the XLR inputs while recording ambient sound and audience reaction with the built-in stereo mics ensuring top quality live recordings that retain that raw feel.
You’ll also find that the Roland R-26 can be connected to your computer via USB making it an extremely convenient audio interface and it’s great for external storage.
Easy-To-Use, Convenient Portable Audio Recorder
A large LCD touchscreen allows you to easily navigate the comprehensive yet intuitive menus where you can adjust the microphone settings, edit waveforms and more to get the exact sound you require.
Large input-level knobs also allow for tactile adjustments with precise results.
A great portable recorder for recording live bands or for use in the rehearsal rooms and studios. Extremely convenient yet non-compromising, the Roland R-26 is an awesome handheld recorder.
Roland R-26 6-Channel Portable Recorder Key Features:
- Two Types of Built-In Stereo Microphones
- Two XLR/TRS Combi Inputs with 48 V Phantom Power
- Input for A Stereo Plug-In Powered Microphone
- Large LCD Touchscreen Display
- Large Input-Level Knobs for Fine Adjustment
- Built-In High-Speed USB Interface for Use as Audio Interface or External Storage
- Loop-Back Function
Roland R-26 6-Channel Portable Recorder Specs:
- Tracks: 6 (3 Stereo)
- Signal Processing: AD/DA Conversion: 24 Bits, 96, 88.2/48/44.1kHz
- Memory Card: SD Card (SDHC Format Compatible)
- Roland R-26 Data Types for Recording:
- WAVE/BWF: Sampling Rate – 96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz, Bit Depth: 24/16 Bits
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3): Sampling Rate – 48/44.1 kHz, Bit Rates: 320/160/128kbps
- WAVE+ MP3: Sampling Rate: 48/44.1 kHz, Bit Depth: 16 Bits, Bit Rates: 128kbps
- Roland R-26 Data Types for Playback:
- WAVE: Sampling Rate – 96/88.2/48/44.1kHz, Bit Depth: 24/16 Bits
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3): Sampling Rate – 48/44.1kHz, Bit Rates: 32-320kbps or VBR (Variable Bit Rate)
Roland R-26 Recording Times:
- WAV/BWF (24-bit/96 kHz, stereo): 27 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF (24-bit/96 kHz, 4ch): 14 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF (24-bit/96 kHz, 6ch): 9 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF (16-bit/44.1 kHz, stereo): 90 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF (16-bit/44.1 kHz, 4ch): 45 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF (16-bit/44.1 kHz, 6ch): 30 mins/GB
- MP3 (128 kbps): 990 mins/GB
- MP3 (320 kbps): 390 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF+MP3 (16-bit/44.1 kHz): 84 mins/GB
- WAV/BWF+MP3 (16-bit/48 kHz): 75 mins/GB
*Each recording time is approximate. The times may change depending on the card specifications.
*In case that there are plural files, the sum of recording time would be shorter than above.
Roland R-26 Audio Inputs:
- Internal Stereo Microphones: Omnidirectional (OMNI) Mic and Directional (XY) Mic
- Analog Inputs 1/L, 2/R (XLR/TRS Combo Type): XLR Type (Phantom Powered), 1/3-Inch TRS Phone Type (Balanced/Unbalanced)
- Plug-In Powered Mic Input (Stereo Miniature Phone Type)
- Roland R-26 USB Interface:
- Mini-B Type Connector
- USB Mass Storage Device Class
- USB Audio (Hi-Speed USB)
- Display: 160 X 160
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor, Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 4 or Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Current Draw: 500 mA (MAX)
Roland R-26 Included Accessories:
- Owner’s Manual
- SD Card
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cord
- USB Cable (Mini-B Type)
Roland R-26 Size and Weight:
- Width: 82mm (3-1/4 Inches)
- Depth: 180mm (7-1/8 Inches)
- Height: 41mm (1-5/8 Inches)
- Weight: 370g (0lbs. 14oz.)
|Power Supply||9v dc adapter, battery operation (4 x aa)|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*