Small in stature but not in sound, the Micro Cube crams in those legendary Roland cleans alongside, blues crunch, metal distortion and wild FX. Never leave home without great tone.
Huge Tone to Go
The MICRO CUBE GX features the same ultra-compact footprint, battery-powered operation, and big tone that made the original MICRO CUBE such a massive hit around the globe. With up to 25 hours of playing time using six NiMH AA-size batteries, you can enjoy uninterrupted fun while jamming at home, at the beach, on camping trips, at parties—wherever! Increased power output delivers even better performance than before, and a chromatic tuner is built in, eliminating the need to carry an external tuner when you play.
- World-Class Amps and Effects Filled with Roland’s renowned COSM amps, the MICRO CUBE GX provides tones for playing any musical style, from ultra-clean jazz to heavy rock and everything in between. The newly added EXTREME amp kicks things up a notch, giving you a massive voice for crushing, in-your-face metal riffs. There’s also a MIC setting for using the amp with a vocal microphone. Five different EFX types are available to sweeten your sound, with a new HEAVY OCTAVE effect that works great for adding unique, ultra-low power to distorted tones. An independent DELAY/REVERB processor is onboard as well, with a newly added spring reverb option for authentic surf and roots-rock sounds.
- Total Recall The new MEMORY function turns the MICRO CUBE GX into a dual-channel amp, greatly increasing its versatility. It couldn’t be simpler to use—just dial up the amp tone and effects you want, hold the MEMORY button for a few seconds, and your settings are saved! After that, you can toggle between the saved setup and the current knob settings with a quick button press. Use it for saving a favorite sound, switching between rhythm and lead tones, or calling up a special sound for a particular song or style.
- i-CUBE LINK: Built-In Interface for iOS Devices Onboard the MICRO CUBE GX is Roland’s innovative i-CUBE LINK interface, which lets you integrate with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using a real guitar amp with great tone. Unlike typical bulky and inconvenient iOS guitar interfaces, i-CUBE LINK connects to your device’s audio jack quickly and simply with the included cable, providing two-way communication with your favorite music apps. With i-CUBE LINK, you can play along with music tracks and send studio-quality COSM tones with effects straight into the recording app of your choice. The versatile i-CUBE LINK jack can also be used as a simple stereo input, enabling you to plug in nearly any music player or audio device and play it through the MICRO CUBE GX.
- CUBE JAM App: Powerful, Fun, and Free! Available for free from the App Store, the Roland CUBE JAM app turns your iOS device into a fun command center for jamming, recording, and learning. Play back commercial songs and minus-one tracks through the MICRO CUBE GX via i-CUBE LINK and riff along for hours with the amp’s great COSM tones. CUBE JAM also records audio through the i-CUBE LINK connection, letting you capture your jams with a single touch. After recording, you can adjust the volume of your guitar and backing music independently in the app, then export your mix to a 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV file. CUBE JAM also includes powerful tools for music practice, including independent speed and pitch adjustment of audio playback, Center Cancel to remove solos and create your own jam tracks, and more.
- Ultra-compact guitar amp with custom-designed speaker
- Eight COSM amp tones, including the ultra-heavy EXTREME amp
- Eight DSP effects, including HEAVY OCTAVE and dedicated DELAY/REVERB with spring emulation
- MEMORY function for saving favourite amp and effects settings
- i-CUBE LINK jack provides simple audio interfacing with Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (interface cable included)
- Free CUBE JAM app for iOS plays songs and minus-one jam tracks, and lets you record the MICRO CUBE GX’s COSM amp tones along with music playback
- Chromatic tuner built in
- Runs on battery power or supplied AC adapter; carrying strap included
|Effects||amp modelling, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremollo, octave|
|Woofer Size||5" woofer|
|Amp Type||modelling / digital amplifier|
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*