The Fantom 8 is the new flagship full-size workstation keyboard from Roland, designed for consummate professionals to create inspiring performances in the stage and studio.
Fully Featured Synth, Sequencer and Workstation
Inspiring onboard production tools and deep computer integration fuel an experience that feels intuitive, natural, and full of possibilities. The expandable sound engine delivers Roland's best electronic and acoustic sounds, with the depth and control to combine and shape them in exciting new ways.
Whether you're a songwriter or producer in a studio environment, or a session musician on the big stage, the Roland Fantom-8 is kitted out with everything to create mesmorising performances, fueled by a powerful sonic engine and inspiring DSP multi-effects.
As the largest keyboard in the new Fantom Series, the 88-key version is ideal for permanent installation where authentic PHA-50 Wooden keys and full octave access is crucial to delivering the perfect performance. However, the Fantom-8 is still lightweight enough to be taken on the road with the tried-and-tested build quality we expect as standard from Roland!
Roland Fantom 8 Key Features:
- Powerful Hybrid Workstation, Synthesizer and Sequencer
- 88 Keys (PHA-50 Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, channel aftertouch)
- ZEN-Core & V-Piano Sound Engines
- 7" Wide VGA Colour Touch Screen Graphic Display
- Over 3,500 Tones, Over 90 Drum kits
- Comprehensive Multi-Effects and Stereo Analog Filter
- 16 Channel MIDI Sequencer with TR-Rec Step Editing
- Pad Sampler with 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator and Chord Memory
- Assignable Controllers, Sliders, Wheels and Function Knobs
- Built-in 16x3 Stereo Audio Interface
- Dual CV/Gate and Soft Synth Integration
- USB Connectivity with External Memory Slots and MIDI Control
- Built with robust metal and High-Grade components
The focus of the Fantom-8 is primarily on pro musicians being able to create and play without diving into complex menus. Your sounds, patterns, and performance layouts are arranged into custom creative spaces called Scenes. A Scene can be an entire song, section of a song, or a starting point with your favorite sounds laid out just how you like. Scenes can be chained together and changed instantly with no gaps or glitches.
By removing the technical limitations and streamlining the 'modeless' user interface, Roland have designed Fantom to always run in a creative mode. It can be fully customized and instantly reconfigured in an unlimited number of ways, allowing you to craft a truly unique signature sound.
Furthermore, Fantom also comes equipped with RGB pads, a classic TR-REC style pattern sequencer, real-time recording with piano-roll editing, and a grid for recording and launching clips. You can create patterns on Fantom in a variety of ways, including real and step-time polyphonic sequencing. The TR-REC pattern sequencer is perfect for rhythmic parts - as used on Roland's iconic drum machines like the TR-808 and TR-909.
Each creative module on the Fantom-8 is independently controlled and activated from the intuitive top-panel interface, ready to roll whenever inspiration strikes.
Powerful ZEN-Core DSP Sound EngineFantom’s flexible and expandable sound engine leverages decades of research and development, dishing out inspiring and authentic electronic, acoustic, and hybrid sounds by the bucketload. Combine different synthesis and sampling technologies along with the onboard analog filter for new and unusual sounds - and take advantage of new sound expansions and capabilities as they arrive.
With Fantom’s potent DSP engine, players can focus on music, not rationing processing power. It’s possible to run all 16 parts with all available effects at once, complete with full patch remain for seamless transitions. There’s never any guessing about how many effects are available, or if sounds can be changed smoothly without limiting complex patches.
Considered by many as the king of instruments, piano sits at the heart of the creative process for composers across a range of musical genres. FANTOM uses Roland's infamous V-Piano technology that sounds and feels like a real Grand Piano.
As used on Roland's industry-standard Stage Pianos like the RD-2000, the Fantom's gorgeous Piano sound becomes a centrepiece attraction for songwriters, stage performers and more.
Inspired by Roland's rich synthesizer legacy including the Jupiter, System-1 and TR Drum Machines, the Fantom combines them all into one musical powerhouse with unlimited potential.
FANTOM’s synth engine is based on partials. Each partial starts with a discrete synth voice - complete with oscillator, filter, amplifier, dual LFO and effects. You can have up to four partials in a single tone, and a Scene can contain up to 16 tones for complex layers, splits, and sequenced parts.
The new Fantom Series employs Roland's most expressive keybeds to date, with this 88-note model utilising a PHA-50 Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel. Combined with channel aftertouch, this keybed sets a new standard for the way a stage piano or studio instrument should feel. The Roland Fantom-8 focuses on the experience of playing, from its immersive piano keyboard action, to its arsenal of performance controls.
Seamless USB Integration
FANTOM doesn’t just work with computers - it fully integrates. Under the hood sits a high-quality 16x3 Stereo audio interface, making recording audio clips and ideas a breeze. Fantom can also control DAWs and plugins from its 7" Colour Touchscreen. It can integrate soft synths into Scenes, and send parts composed on FANTOM directly to your DAW.
Return of the Fantom - A Legend, Re-Born
Originally introduced in 2004, the original Roland Fantom-X workstation set a new benchmark for large-scope keyboards for the stage and studio. The new Fantom series elevates the design, sonic potential and usability with the modern musician firmly in mind. The Roland Fantom now embeds itself as a viable industry standard for stage performers and studio session musicians that want a do-it-all keyboard with unrivalled potential.
The new Fantom series boasts a purposeful design and built from premium materials. It is made of tough metal with high-grade components throughout. Everything about it is sturdy and built to withstand the perils of live gigs and life on the road.
From the slight curvature of the top-panel labels for rear connections, to the informative RGB-lit controls and buttons, FANTOM facilitates creativity and eliminates frustration. This is a decade in the making, with no stone left unturned by the keyboard master designers at Roland!
Book a Demo at your local PMT Roland Planet Store
Our flagship stores around the UK are home to some of the industry's most trusted Roland experts to help you find the right gear. Call or E-Mail us today to book a demo with a local expert. We'll help you compare keyboards in the series, answer any technical questions and get hands-on with the new Fantom today!
Roland Fantom-8 Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88 Keys (PHA-50 Wood and Plastic Hybrid Structure, with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: ZEN-Core, V-Piano Technology
- Parts: 16 Zones(Internal + External)
- Scenes: 128 Scenes x 4 Bank
- Tones: Over 3,500 Tones, Over 90 Drum kits
- Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 16 systems
- Drum Part COMP: 6 systems
- Insertion Effect: 2 System, 90 Type
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Mic Input Reverb: 6 types
- Stereo Analog Filter Type: LPF1/LPF2/LPF3/HPF/BPF/Bypass with Drive and Amp
- MIDI Tracks: 16(Internal/External)
- Group: 16
- Pattern: 8 (per each Track)
- Pattern Length: 32 mesures
- Recording Method: Realtime recording, Step recording, TR-REC
- PAD Sampler
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1/48kHz, WAV/AIFF import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8
- Number of Samples: 16 Pads x 4 Banks
- Rhythm Pattern
- Chord Memory
- Pitch Bend/Modulation Lever
- Assignable Switch x 2 (S1/S2)
- Control Knob x 8
- Slider x 8
- USB Audio Slider
- Wheel x 2
- Function Knob x 6
- Sound Modified Knob x 11
- 4 x 4 Pad
- Display: Graphic Type, 7", Wide VGA (800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color/Touch screen)
- Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- MAIN OUT Jacks (L, R) (XLR type)
- SUB OUT1 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- SUB OUT2 Jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch phone type)
- ANALOG OUTPUT Jacks (1,2)(1/4-inch phone type)
- Mic/Line Input Jacks: (1,2) (1/4 inch phone type/XLR type)
- 2 x CV OUT, 2x GATE OUT
- FOOT PEDAL Jacks (HOLD, CTRL1,CTRL2,CTRL3)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2/THRU)
- USB MEMORY Port
- USB COMPUTER Port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- 3 x External Device Port
- External Memory: USB Flash drive slot (sold separately)
- Power Supply: AC 117-240V 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 50 W
Dimensions: 1,432mm (W) x 439mm (D) x 153mm (H)
Weight: 27.7 kg (61 lbs 2 oz)
- Owner's manual
- Power Cord
Options (sold separately)
- Keyboard Stand: KS-G8B, KS-10Z, KS-12
- Pedal Switch: DP series, RPU-3
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash drive (*)
* Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
|Effects||multi-effects, eq, comp, insert effects, chorus, reverb, master effects, mic input reverb, stereo analog filter|
|Number of Keys||88 keys|
|Synthesis Type||zen-core, v-piano technology|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*