Roland FA-07; a 76-key portable workstation that is perfect for use both in the studio and live.
Roland FA-07; Portable Workstation
With the FA-07, Roland have given us an entirely new approach to the music workstation. Fantastic real-time power with an effortless, ultra-fast workflow and incredible versatility – the Roland FA07 takes the “work” out of workflow.
More Power, Less Work
Workstations are incredibly important tools for serious keyboardists, unfortunately, a lot of the time they’re extremely complicated and difficult to use – their full potential not being utilised, and their complex workings throwing obstacles in the way of your creative process.
To combat this, Roland has created the FA-07 workstation to mark a new beginning for these amazing keyboards and allow your projects to be completely creativity driven; unhindered by difficult equipment.
The Best of Roland’s Sounds
Roland have packed the FA 07 workstation with over 2000 tones, derived from the INTEGRA-7; Roland’s flagship professional-grade sound module, giving you a huge palette of high-quality sounds so you’re ready for any musical style.
Taken straight from the INTEGRA-7, all of the SuperNATURAL synth and XV-5080 PCM tones are on board the FA-07, including an essential collection of expressive and dynamic SuperNATURAL acoustic tones which includes pianos, organs, bass strings and much more.
Using the newly added Tone Remain function you can easily switch sounds without notes or effect trails being abruptly cut off; perfect for mixing things up on the fly and letting your inspiration and creativity guide the way.
Expand Your Horizons with Roland’s Axial Sound Library
The FA-07’s sound engine is fully compatible with the large, yet continuously growing, collection of INTEGRA-7 synth patches that are available as free downloads directly from Roland’s Axial sound library site.
You can even expand the existing onboard sound set with free wave sound expansion collections which you’ll also find at the Roland Axial site.
Intuitive 16-Track Sequencer
Roland FA-07’s built-in, intuitive 16-track sequencer has been designed for capturing your performance when you need it; no matter when inspiration strikes you and with lightning speed you’re able to build up a full arrangement with the FA-07’s vast array of sounds.
Continuous recording can be used in loop mode so you’re able to record onto all 16 tracks without ever having to stop playing and in addition to real-time capture you can also make use of step recording with complete control over editing and mixing your tracks as you go. You can even save songs as stereo audio files directly to an SDHC card.
Simultaneous Effects for Enhancing Your Sonic World
Roland’s FA-07 gives you all sorts of options for fine-tuning and polishing your sounds to get studio0level perfection.
Independent MFX engines can be used on all 16 parts of a studio set while the unique TFC (total effects) allow you to process the entire output with amazingly dramatic effects such as the Isolater, DJ FX Looper and more.
Furthermore, all the effects can be further adjusted with the Sound Modify knobs, offering real-time tactile expression to your projects and performances.
Lightning Fast Workflow with an Instant-Access Sampler
Straight away, you’ll notice the difference – while many workstations can take over a full minute to boot up, the FA-07 is ready to go in a matter of seconds.
Next, you’ll see the panel is organised logically with dedicated sections and a large colour LCD giving you a high-res display that’s great for selecting your tones, working with the sequencer and adjusting settings.
Despite the incredible amount of options and adjustments that can be made with the FA-07, it is always seamless and fast.
The built-in performance sampler also gives you incredibly fast, hands-on operation with sampling and playback using convenient SDHC cards.
Playing audio samples directly from the 16 pads situated on the front panel is a great, easy way to expand and enhance your performances using loops, backing tracks, one-shots, vocal phrases, sound FX and more. Thanks to SDHC flash memory, samples load instantly without you having to wait at all.
DAW Integration and Rig Control
While the Roland FA-07 workstation is incredible with its standalone performance, you can easily integrate it with your favourite DAW to take your performances to another level.
Just press the DAW control button and you’ll instantly be able to set up the keyboard to communicate with your software over a USB cable.
Dedicated control maps for popular DAWs provide even quicker setup for operating transport functions and other parameters in your software.
Additionally, you can use the FA-07 as a USB audio interface to record directly into your DAW and monitor them through the stereo output or via the headphones jack.
The FA-07 even comes with a free license to download Ableton Live Lite so you can get your new workstation working with a powerful DAW straight away.
A studio set in the FA-07 stores 16 tones and various associated parameters such as level, pan, effects and more.
Master control functionality has also been added to the studio sets, allowing you to use the FA-07 as a master controller for a large studio or live rig.
You’re also able to save MIDI messages such as bank select, program change, volume and many more. This info is sent out via MIDI when you select the studio set so you can reconfigure the FA-07 and multiple external devices with just one command.
Streamlined and Extremely Powerful Workstation
Fantastic as a standalone workstation with a huge range of tones and features, the FA-07 also works great as a rig control or even a DAW controller.
Great for use with multiple splits or zones, the 76-note FA-07 and its semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keyboard has a really nice playing feel and limitless options.
Roland FA-07 Workstation Key Features:
- Reimagined Music Workstation Designed to Maximise Your Creative Flow
- 76-Noter Semi-Weighted Keyboard with Velocity Sensitivity Provides Great Feel and Expanded Range for Complex Live Setups
- Over 2000 Sounds from The Flagship INTEGRA-7 Sound Module, Including SuperNATURAL Synth and Acoustic Tones and Drums; Add Even More Tones via Internal Wave Sound Expansion Slots
- SuperNATURAL Synth Engine is Fully Compatible with the Expansive Collection of Free INTEGRA-7 Synth Tones Available from Roland’s Axial Sound Library Site
- 16-Track Sequencer with Non-Stop Loop Recording Makes it Easy to Build Songs Quickly
- Onboard Sampler Features 16 Pads x 4 Bands
- 16 Independent MFX Engines, Six COMP+EQ Processors for Drums, Unique TFX and Global EQ, Chorus and Reverb
- Tweak Tones, Effects and External MIDI Devices in Real Time with Six User-Assignable Sound Modify Knobs
- Intuitive, Streamlined Interface with Large High-Res Colour LCD
- Mater Control Functionality for Large Studio or Live Rig Control
- One Button to Instantly Configure the FA-07 For Use with Your DAW via USB
- D-Beam, Rhythm Pattern, Arpeggiator and Chord Memory Functions to Expand Your Creative Palette
- Guitar/Mic and Line Input Jacks for Performing, Sampling and DAW Audio Recording
- USB Ports for Sound Expansion Data, Updates, Interfacing with Computer and Connecting to iPad
Roland FA-07 Workstation Tech Specs:
- Keyboard: 76 keys (semi-weighted keyboard with velocity)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 16 parts
- Tones: SuperNATURAL Acoustic, SuperNATURAL Synth, SuperNATURAL Drum Kit, PCM Synth, PCM Drum Kit
* GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- Wave Expansion Slots: 2 slots
* The wave expansion slots are rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download the data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the FA's internal wave memory (slot).
- Favorite: Yes
- Effects: Multi-Effects: 16 systems, 68 types (vocoder can be used only on part 1) , Part EQ: 16 systems, drum part COMP + EQ: 6 systems, Chorus: 3 types, Reverb: 6 types, Master Compressor (This can be changed to insert FX (78 types).), Master EQ, Total Effects (TFX): 29 types
- Mic Input Reverb: 8 types
- MIDI tracks: 16
- File format: Original, SMF export / import supported, WAV export supported
* Sampler trigger data can be recorded.
- Format: 16-bit linear, 44.1 kHz, WAV / AIFF / MP3 import supported
- Maximum Polyphony: 8th
- Number of Samples: 16 pads x 4 banks (for each song)
* Samples cannot be used as sound data for the sound engine.
- Rhythm Pattern: Yes
- Arpeggio: Yes
- Chord Memory: Yes
- Controller: D-BEAM Controller, Pitch Bend / Modulation Lever, Assignable Switch x 2 (S1 / S2), Control Knob x 6, Sample Pad, Tempo Knob
- Display: 5-inch Graphic Colour LCD
- External Memory: SD Card (SDHC supported)
- Connectors: Headphones Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, MAIN Output Jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, Sub Output Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, AUDIO INPUT Jacks, LINE: Stereo miniature phone Type, GUITAR / MIC: 1/4 inch phone type, FOOT PEDAL Jacks (CTRL 1, CTRL 2, HOLD), MIDI connectors (IN, OUT), USB FOR UPDATE Port, USB COMPUTER port (USB Hi-Speed AUDIO / MIDI), (Use a USB cable and a computer with USB port that support USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.), DC IN Jack
- Power Supply: AC adapter
- Current draw: 1.300 mA
- Accessories: Quick Start, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory), AC Adapter, Power Cord
Roland FA-07 Workstation Size and Weight:
- Width: 1.231 mm or 48-1 / 2 inches
- Depth: 311 mm or 12-1 / 4 inches
- Height: 107 mm or 4-1 / 4 inches
- Weight: 8.5 kg or 18 lbs. 12 oz
|Number of Keys||76 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*