Whilst nothing may compare to your trusty old tenor sax, imagine there being an instrument which could faithfully and accurately reproduce the sound of virtually any woodwind instrument you can think of. That's exactly what the wonderful Roland AE-10G Aerophone Synth does!
Despite initially resembling something you'd expect to see in an episode of Star Trek, the Roland AE-10G is truly a pinnacle of wind instrument synthesis, with Roland truly pushing the boat out to produce something that's not only modern in design, but also ultra-modern in functionality.
A groundbreaking achievement in digital woodwind instrument design
Roland's AE-10G offers a smooth transition for seasoned Saxophone players, as it features a key layout that's similar to a traditional acoustic sax. Despite this straightforward layout though, the AE-10G offers a huge range of onboard digital sax sounds, from alto, tenor and soprano through to even baritone types, with each one responding to every aspect of your playing in the same way as their acoustic counterparts would.
A Variety of Realistic Acoustic Instruments and Roland's Award-Winning Synths
There's nothing worse than a studio session grinding to a halt because you need an instrument that you haven't brought along. That won't happen with the Roland Aerophone AE-10, which gives you a variety of additional acoustic instrument sounds like clarinet, flute, oboe, trumpet, violin, and more, all powered by Roland's SuperNATURAL technology to faithfully match the behavior of the originals. Even ethnic instruments like shakuhachi and erhu are on hand, offering authentic pitch and tonal fluctuations that echo their acoustic counterparts. Once you've tried the individual sounds, you can create one-man ensembles by layering multiple wind instrument sounds with the Brass Section setting. The AE-10 is also packed with a selection of the latest synth sounds that are specially tailored for wind instrument performance with fully optimized breath control.
Play Anytime and Anywhere with Onboard Speakers, Battery Power, and Headphones
Wherever and whenever you play, the portable and lightweight Roland Aerophone AE-10 is ready. Six AA batteries provide mobile power, and onboard monitor speakers deliver comfortable sound for intimate performing situations. You also have the ability to directly connect to a PA or amp for broader coverage, eliminating the need to use a mic. When you need to cover large instruments like tuba and bassoon, the battery-powered Roland CUBE Street EX is a great companion, giving you big sound in a portable package. Playing sessions are even more fun when you connect to your smartphone via the Aerophone AE-10's stereo mini jack and jam along with favorite songs. And thanks to the headphones option, you can play around the clock without disturbing family members and neighbors.
Breath Control Brings Unique Expressive Possibilities to Your Music Productions
While the Roland Aerophone AE-10 is a powerful standalone instrument, it also lets you get creative with external gear. You can connect to your computer via USB to play soft synths and external MIDI sound modules through your DAW, with breath control providing a world of unique expression not possible with keyboard synthesizers.
- Digital wind instrument with flexible onboard sounds
- Fingering compatible with an acoustic saxophone
- Mouthpiece features sensitive breath sensor with reed structure for friendly playing feel and control over techniques like vibrato and pitch
- Roland's proprietary SuperNATURAL sound technology reproduces the subtle tonal nuances produced with dynamics and articulation
- Realistic and expressive saxophone sounds include soprano, alto, tenor, and baritone, all instantly transposable to any key with no fingering stress
- Wide variety of additional acoustic sounds include wind instruments (clarinet, flute, and trumpet) and string instruments (violin)
- Roland's latest synth sounds on board, optimized for breath control
- Easy operation with display for selecting sounds and settings
- Onboard monitor speakers and headphones output for playing anytime, anywhere
- Battery operation (6 x AA) for up to seven hours of continuous play
- Easy connection to a computer DAW via USB
- Input for connecting a smartphone or music player for playing along with backing music
- Key Layout: Saxophone Compatible
- Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL acoustic, PCM synthesizer
- Preset Memory: 55 tones (version 2.10)
- User Memory: 100 tones
- Effects: Multi-effects, Chorus, Reverb
- Controllers: Breath Sensor, Bite Sensor, Performance Keys, Octave Keys, Thum Controller, Tone Button
- Display: Custom LCD
- Connectors: Stereo miniature phone type (INPUT jack); stereo 1/4-inch phone type (PHONES/OUTPUT jack); USB Computer port (supports USB MIDI); DC IN jack
- Internal Speakers: 2.8cm x 2, 1.5w x 2
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor (DC 5.7v); Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 6
- Current Draw: 418mA
- Battery Life for Continuous Use (dependant on conditions of use): Approx 7 hours with rechargable nickel metal hydride batteries
- Accessories: Owner's Manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", AC adapter, Mouthpiece Cap, Neck Strap, Dedicated Hand Carry Bag
- Dimensions: 128mm (W) x 93mm (D) x 574mm (H)
- Weight: 855g (including batteries)
|Effects||multi-effects, chorus, reverb|
|Power Supply||ac adapter or 6 x aa-sized ni-mh rechargable batteries|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.