The Rode Videomicro is a new design that takes the innovative qualities of their best camera microphones to give you great sound on the go.
Durable, tough and made for film makers or engineers who need versatile equipment for all conditions.
Compact On-Camera Microphone
The Rode Videomicro is focused on getting the sound you need with less off the stuff you don't. Minimising ugly reflections, as well as filtering rumble and handling noise. The directional pickup pattern makes it great for point-and-shoot style videos, and its compact size ensures you can throw it in a backpack to take anywhere.
Whether you are Indoors, outdoors and on location, this is an affordable solution for great quality sound for mobile videos. As well as DSLR Cameras, the Rode Videomicro is great for using with iOS and Android mobile devices when paired with the optional Rode SC7 TRRS cable
Rode Videomicro Key Features:
- Compact size and lightweight - Only 80mm (3ft) long and 42g
- All-metal microphone body - High RF signal rejection
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Rycote Lyre shock mount included
- Deluxe furry windshield included - Rode WS9
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Two year extended warranty when you register your microphone
Lyre Shoe Shockmount Included
Virtually indestructible, the Rycote Lyre mount will never sag, snap, wear out or require rethreading to maintain its effectiveness. The included Camera Shoe ShockMount makes it universally compatible with almost all DSLR Camera models*, as well as improving signal integrity. (See the Compatibility list below for more information)
Also included is the Rode WS9 synthetic furry wind shield with foam inner cell, designed for use in outdoor scenarios where wind and environmental noise can inhibit recordings. The Videomicro also comes with the Rode SC2 audio cable for connecting to your device's audio input - a 3.5mm 'mini' jack TRS Patch Cable with coiled wire.
Optionally available is the RØDE SC7, a TRS to TRRS cable that allows the VideoMicro to be used with smartphones, to capture crystal clear, directional sound for video and video applications such as Periscope.
Rode VideoMicro Specifications
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 100Hz - 20kHz
- Maximum SPL: 140dBSPL
- Sensitivity: -33.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (22.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 20dBA
- Weight: 42g
- Dimensions: 21mmH x 21mmW x 80mmD
- Output: Minijack Output
- Warranty: 1 year with free extension to 2 years following registration
The Videomicro features a standard 3/8 thread in the underside of cold shoe mount for connection to a boompole, microphone stand or tripod.
Unfortunately, the Rode VideoMicro is not compatible with the following DSLR Camera Models:
- Nikon D7000
- Canon T3/1100D
- Canon C100, C300, C500
- Canon VIXIA HFR500
- Canon VIXIA HFG20, HFG30
- Canon XA-10
- Canon Vixia G10
- Canon Legria HF G25
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*