QSC K8; a 1000W active loudspeaker system with comprehensive onboard mixer and performance enhancing extensive DSP.
1000W Active Loudspeaker
Featuring a 8” woofer with 1.75” diaphragm compression driver and 105 degrees conical DMT coverage, the K8 is fantastic, lightweight portable powered speaker with that legendary QSC amplifier power and reliability.
Designed for professional use, the K8 has many facets to its build that facilitate a wide range of applications to ensure versatility.
To allow for a multitude of mounting options, the QSC K8 features M10 rigging points for suspension and 35mm pole sockets with ‘Tilt-Direct’. QSC’s unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system means that a quick turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker.
This angling allows acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and away from reflective surfaces; perfect for applications where large coverage from a high-positioned speaker is required.
Designed with an angular enclosure, the K8 even works fantastically as a monitoring wedge for use by the performer.
Housed in a rugged ABS enclosure with comfortable ergonomic handles and low weight, the QSC K8 loudspeaker is extremely portable and having been purposely designed for a professional appearance it is perfectly suited to any application.
Extensive DSP Processing
Employed throughout the K8 loudspeaker is extensive DSP processing ensuring great levels of sonic clarity and an amazing amount of output that goes beyond what you would expect from the system’s relatively small size and low weight.
Directivity Matched Transition, or DMT for short, provides matched LF and HF coverage throughout the entire listening area, doing away with any unnatural dead or hot frequency areas.
DEEP processing and excursion limited ensure extended low-frequency response by way of actively managing low frequency transients without degradation of the signal.
GuardRail protection, which was first used on the QSC GX Series amplifiers, has been incorporated here to protect both the amplifier module and prevents unwanted clipping of your audio.
Intrinsic Correction maps spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust frequency, time and amplitude response to a flat bandpass target. This results in the speaker performing equally well across the entire sonic field.
Extended 6 Year Warranty Available
QSC design their speakers to perform flawlessly and to back up this professional standard they offer an extended 6 year warranty on the K8 active PA speaker. Once you’ve purchased your K8, register it with QSC directly to activate your extended 6 year warranty.
Convenient and Comprehensive Integrated Mixer
Combo XLR and ¼” TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs allow for additional connectivity from other external devices such as mp3 players and line-level mixers.
Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and combined to a balanced output for daisy-chaining across multiple units while separate direct outputs provide further flexibility allowing for individual output from each channel.
On-board controls allow for selecting between a series of EQ settings allowing for tailored enhancement of a wide range of audio sources.
Powerful, portable and professional – the QSC K8 is a fantastic active loudspeaker solution that is perfectly suited to a huge range of applications.
QSC K8 Active Loudspeaker Key Features:
- 12” Woofer; 1.75” diaphragm compression driver
- 75° conical DMT coverage
- Maximum SPL 131 dB peak
- Attractive and professional appearance
- Rugged ABS enclosures
- 16-gauge powder coated steel grille
- 1000-watt continuous Class D power modules in all models
- Functions as a monitor wedge
- Comfortable ergonomic handles
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™
- M10 rigging points
QSC K8 Active Loudspeaker Specs:
- Configuration: Trapezoidal 2-way
- Low-frequency Transducer: 8" cone transducer
- High-frequency Transducer: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 66 Hz - 18 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 61 Hz - 20 kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6 dB): 105° conical DMT
- Maximum SPL: 127 dB peak
- Power Output: 1000 W continuous Class D, (500 W LF, 500 W HF), 2000 W peak
- Input Impedance: XLR / ¼": 40 kOhms balanced / 20 kOhms unbalanced, XLR / ¼" MIC mode: 2260Ohms balanced, RCA: 10 kOhms
- Controls: Power, Gain A, Gain B, Mic/Line, LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP™), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/¼" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/¼" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 of full power): 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: Impact resistant ABS
- Finish: Black paint
- Grille: Rugged powder-coated steel
- Dimensions (HWD) inches: 17.7 × 11 × 10.6
- Dimensions (HWD) mm: 450 x 280 x 269
- Weight (Net): 27 lb / 12.2 kg
|Warranty||3 year + additional 3 years with qsc product registration|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*