The Pioneer DJ TORAIZ SQUID is a multitrack sequencer that allows you to take control of your workflow and produce awesome new music.
SeQUencer Inspirational Device
A fantastic entry for the Pioneer DJ TORAIZ series of instruments and production equipment, the SQUID can connect all your instruments and work as the mothership of your studio or live setup.
An acronym of sorts, the SQUID’s name affirms its nature as a SeQUencer Inspirational Device.
And an inspirational device it certainly is, giving you new ways to perform with your musical instruments and produce awesome music.
Pioneer DJ TORAIZ SQUID Multitrack Sequencer Key Features:
- 16 Multicoloured LED Pads
- Rearrange Phrases in the Step Edit Section
- Background Recording and Time Warp Feature Capture Your Improvisation
- Comprehensive I/O for Connecting Various Instruments
- Fast and Easy Import and Export
Intuitive and Inspirational Workflow
With a wide range of features and tools to create and edit your music, the TORAIZ SQUID is both intuitive and inspirational.
You can instantly switch between features using the 16 multicoloured, rubber LED pads. Link them to independent modes, activate trigger mode for step-record patterns, play scales with Scale mode and more.
The TORAIZ SQUID also offers you a number of other great features and modes that help with composition and production of your music including:
- Interpolation – Instantly create phrases and assign pitch and dynamics
- Harmoniser – For inspirational chord creation based on your composition
- Transpose Mode – Change the mood of your music and add intensity with the touch of a button
- CC Mode – Manipulate up to 5 external devices’ CC controls using the TORAIZ SQUID as a hub
- Randomiser – Randoml triggers parameter adjustments to add life to your music
- Pattern Set Mode – Easily sort through your pattern sets from 16 MIDI tracks of up to 64 patterns per track
- Chord Mode – With 18 chord sets built into the TORAIZ SQUID, the touch pads always offer the perfect chord to go with your music
Real Time Phrase Arrangement
In the Step Edit section of the TORAIZ SQUID, you can arrange your phrases in real time as your inspiration takes you.
This great range of performance features allow you to enhance your sounds and evolve any musical project:
- Speed Modulation – Fluctuate the playback speed of your sequence patterns to develop new grooves
- Running Direction – Create multiple new phrases from one sequence pattern by changing the playback direction
- Groove Bend – A first for sequencers, this feature allows you to change trigger timing in real time via a slider
- Rhythmic Control – Loop a portion of any pattern with the Rhythm button or activate Trigger Probability to adjust the chance of a note dropping to organically create new phrases
- Speed Control – Hold down the button to double of halve the speed and completely change the mood and intensity of your phrases
- Melodic Control – A scale knob and Arpeggiator are on hand allowing you to change the scale and key of a pattern while the SQUID automatically corrects the pitch of the pads for easy mood adjustment
Background Recording and Time Warp
Sometimes you just want to fiddle around and see what happens. When you do that, every now and again, you hit something incredible but you weren’t recording and it’s lost forever!
Not with the Pioneer DJ Toraiz Squid multitrack sequencer.
The SQUID is constantly recording performance information in the background.
So, if you ever play something you’re really fond of you can just hit the Time Warp feature and recall your performance to be saved as a sequence pattern.
You can then use this as a sequence pattern in your music.
Sporting a USB B terminal, MIDI terminals, two sets of CV/Gate outputs along with Clock and DIN Sync input/out terminals, the SQUID is just brimming with potential.
Connect your DAW, all your modern guitar, modular and vintage synths and your drum machines all with the SQUID and the signals will be automatically converted.
Quick and Convenient Import and Export
The TORAIZ SQUID has been designed for easy connectivity whether it be with your other music equipment, DAW, PC or Mac.
With the SQUID Manager function, you can quickly transfer sequence patterns, projects and MIDI clips to your computer.
Importing sequences from your DAW to the SQUID is also incredibly easy. You can then work on it from the sequencer before then sending it back to your DAW.
Perfect for Stage and Studio
With its incredible potential for live performance and recording along with its multitude of connections, the TORAIZ SQUID is a great device for both stage and studio.
Buy the Pioneer DJ TORAIZ SQUID from Professional Music Technology for an inspirational multitrack sequencer that puts your creativity in the driving seat.
Pioneer DJ TORAIZ SQUID Multitrack Sequencer Specs:
- Maximum Number of Tracks: 16 Tracks
- Maximum Number of Patterns Per Track: 64 Patterns
- Maximum Number of Steps Per Track: 64 Steps
- Step Resolution: Quarter Note, Eighth Note, Sixteenth Note, Twenty-Fourth Note, Thirty-Second Note
- Maximum Number of Notes Per Step (Polyphony): 8 Notes
- Maximum Number of Projects: 128 Projects
- MIDI: 1 MIDI THRU/OUT
- USB: 1 USB B Port
- CV/GATE: CV OUT 1, CV OUT 2 (V/oct, Hz/V), GATE OUT 1, GATE OUT 2 (V-Trigger, S-Trigger)
- CLOCK: CLOCK IN (step, 1, 2, 4, 24, 48ppqn, Gate), CLOCK OUT (1, 2, 4, 24, 48ppqn)
- DIN SYNC: DIN SYNC IN/OUT 2 (24, 48ppqn), DIN SYNC OUT 1 (24, 48ppqn)
- AC Adaptor
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
SQUID Manager System Requirements (Mac):
- macOS Mojave 10.14 (Updated to the latest version)
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 (Updated to the latest version)
- macOS Sierra 10.12 (Updated to the latest version)
SQUID Manager System Requirements (Windows):
- Windows 10, 8.1, 7 (The latest service pack)
SQUID Manager System Requirements (All):
- CPU: Intel Processor Core i7, i5, i3
- Memory: 4GB or more
Pioneer DJ TORAIZ SQUID Multitrack Sequencer Dimensions and Weight:
- Width: 374.8mm
- Height: 223.9mm
- Depth: 72.1mm
- Weight: 1.9kg
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*