Novation Peak Analogue Desktop Synth
Availability: IN STOCK
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
Novation Peak is an 8-voice, polyphonic analog synthesizer, but incorporates elements of their digital synth designs into a truly innovative, hybrid instrument.
Novation's rich history of producing the most cutting-edge synths shines through in this portable powerhouse for studio or stage.
A poly desktop synth to rival the finest polys on the market today - and of years past.
Featuring a resonant multi-mode analogue filter on each voice and three distortion points in an analogue signal chain, Novation Peak generates a warm, rich sound with filthy, biting overdrive. The New Oxford Oscillators are the result of Chris Huggett's obsessive mission over the past decade to create a numerically-controlled oscillator that sounds entirely analogue yet gains the flexibility of the digital domain.
Novation Peak also packs an intuitive Modulation System - designed around a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice too - the bread and butter of any classic analogue synth for hands-on sound design.
Novation Peak Synth Key Features:
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion. Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM. High-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects, and onboard arpeggiator
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel.
- Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus animate buttons
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)
For anyone that has used Novation's array of Soft Synths, or Propellerhead's Subtractor, this synth offers the ease of use and straightforward functionality of these virtual synths with a dirty analogue grit in hardware format - finally. The synth we've all been waiting for is here!
Eight-voice polyphonic synthesizer
Novation Peak sounds warm and rich with filthy, biting overdrive. It's an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New oxford Oscillators for each voice. This powerful synth also features a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points in an analogue signal chain - at Pre-Filter, Post-Filter and Global.
Analogue where it matters - digital where it counts
Peak's design consultant was none other than Chris Huggett, the man behind legendary synths Bass Station, Supernova, OSCar and many more. Peak has its origin in the Bass Station II analogue monosynth, and Peak's oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables. Each voice can become a linear FM source using these NCOs or Digital Wavetables, and can be cross-modulated in a recursive loop.
Access to the Novation Sound Collective
When you register this product, you also get access to the Novation Sound Collective.
The Sound Collective gives you free versions of innovative software instruments and great FX along with exclusive discounts for other great third-party software.
Refine Your Sounds
The modulation system puts the most frequently used assignments right at the user's fingertips in the main controls. More elaborate movements and secondary 'via' assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. Two 'Animate' buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, Delay and Chorus effects all offer creative control, with an on-board Arpeggiator for complex melodic work.
Thanks to the Wavetable Editor software, you can create, edit, and sculpt wavetables to maximiee your creative options with the Novation Sumit.
In addition to this, you can also import wavetables from the most popular wavetable synths on the market, opening up whole new sonic possibilities for your creations.
Peak can be plugged into a Mac or PC via USB. It has MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN ports, so can be integrated with your other MIDI gear. Simple CV connectivity to other vintage or analogue synths is possible with a CV modulation input. A USB Cable is included, so you can manage your custom patches via the Novation Components software for Mac and PC.
Three-year Warranty On All Novation Hardware
Novation are excited to announce an extension to the standard limited warranty, which comes with all new products.
Previously, customers enjoyed a two-year warranty. Now — effective on purchases from 1st January 2018 onwards — the warranty period is 36 months from the date of the original purchase.
(The warranty period for product purchased on or prior to the 31st December 2017 remains at 24 months from the date of the original purchase.)
Optional Kick Stand Available
Check out the official Novation Peak Synth Stand for optimal positioning in your studio setup.
Peak Technical Specifications:
- 42 Control knobs
- 8 35mm Sliders
- 1 Volume knob
- 2 Data encoders
- Rubberised knob caps with spun metal discs
- 30 Function buttons (not lit)
- 16 Function buttons (lit)
- 2 Animate buttons plus hold button
- 90 Indicator LEDs
- OLED display
- Kensington Security Slot
- Power switch
- Power supply connector
- USB socket for system / MIDI comms only (no bus-power)
- MIDI In / Out / Thru
- 2 1/4" jack socket for continuous or switched pedals
- 3.5mm jack socket for CV in
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- 1/4" jack socket for headphone output
- Metal chassis with American walnut wooden end cheeks
- Metal magnetic inset end pieces
- 8 voice polyphonic (voice modes available unison etc.)
- 5 Voice Modes - Mono, MonoLG, Mono2, Poly, Poly2
- 3 oscillators
- 1 noise generator
- 1 ring modulator
- 2 LFOs
- 1 Amp envelope and 2 mod envelopes
- 1 Filter
- Sine, tri, sawtooth, square / pulse plus 17 wavetables of 5 waveforms per row
- 1x State variable OTA filter per voice
- 12/24dB slope
- Low-pass / band-pass / high-pass
- Pre-filter overdrive
- Post-filter distortion
- 16 modulation slots per patch
- Each slot has 2 sources to 1 destination
Mod sources (17)
- Direct (depth)
- Modulation wheel
- Aftertouch (polyphonic and channel AT)
- Expression pedal 1
- Expression pedal 2
- Keyboard velocity
- LFO1 positive
- LFO1 bi-polar
- LFO2 positive
- LFO2 bi-polar
- Amp envelope
- Mod envelope 1
- Mod envelope 2
- Animate 1
- Animate 2
- CV mod input bi-polar
Mod destinations (37)
- Oscillator 1-3 frequency, v-sync level, shape amount and level
- Noise source level
- Ring modulator output level
- Overal synth output level
- Filter drive, distortion, cut-off frequency and resonance
- LFO 1 and 2 frequency
- Amp env / mod env 1 / mod env 2 attack, decay and release
- FM Osc 1 -> osc 2, osc 2 -> osc 3, osc 3 -> osc 1 and noise -> osc 1
- Osc 3 -> filter cutoff frequency
- Noise -> filter cutoff frequency
- Analogue distortion
- Chorus - 3 types
- Delay with 16 types of delay sync, LP and HP damping, slew and stereo
- Reverb - 3 types
- Arpeggiator w/ key latch – 33 patterns
- Patch storage - up to 512 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
- All knobs (excl. volume), sliders and most buttons transmit and receive MIDI cc commands for external control and mapping
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
- Peak is a USB-MIDI class compliant device
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 1A
- W x D x H: 233mm x 464mm x 70.5mm (9.17" x 18.27" x 2.78")
|Shipping Weight (kg)||7.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!