Make new electronic music quickly and easily with a standalone groove box that combines Nova-heritage synths with expertly sculpted drums. And now, with the added Components suite, the Novation Circuit is even more customizable and the perfect stand-alone digital synth/ grovebox that allows you to make electronic music on the go!
- 2-part Nova-heritage analogue-modelled + wavetable synthesiser
- 4-part drum machine
- 4x8 grid of RGB, velocity-sensitive sequencer pads
- MiniNova spec oscillator types and updated with new wavetables
- 64 production-ready patches
- Step sequence or build live
- Lock your music in time and key
- Tweak using 8 synth macro encoders with RGB LEDs
- Record and play back your tweaks
- Combine up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns
- Add awesome delay and reverb effects
- 32 slots for saving sessions
- Create your own synth patches using Circuit Editor
- Add your samples with Sample Import
- Compact and battery powered
- Built-in DSP-enhanced speaker
- Pads and knobs, and sequence works with computer and hardware via USB and MIDI
Novation Circuit 1.8 Free Firmware Update
As always, Novation has been listening to you and have brought in some of the most requested features for the 1.8 firmware update which is available now.
This free firmware update has a multitude of great new features to streamline your music creation process including non-quantised record, synth microstep edits, per note velocity tracking and the ability to change the MIDI channels 1/2 and the drums.
Embrace a new way to make musicCircuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and a four-part drum machine, combined with an intuitive grid-based sequencer in a standalone box that will have you making electronic music in minutes. Hit some pads, tweak the knobs and your track will start to emerge, all locked in time and key. Play around with effects, patterns and sounds in real time, to produce your track, brimming with fat grooves and beats.
Circuit is designed to inspire. Two Novation polysynths and a four-part drum machine, combined with an intuitive grid-based sequencer in a standalone box that will have you making electronic music in minutes. Hit some pads, tweak the knobs and your track will start to emerge, all locked in time and key. Customise the two Nova-heritage synths and add your samples to make it your own unique instrument. Then play around with effects, patterns and sounds in real time, to produce your track.
Compact and battery powered with a convenient built-in speaker, Circuit can be used to make music entirely on its own. In the studio it will work alongside your standalone synth gear and run in sync with your music software too. In short, it's all you need to inspire, create and play new tunes.
Ideas in Seconds. Tracks in Minutes
Circuit inspires, straight out the box. It combines a 2-part synthesiser and a 4-part drum machine with a 4x8 RGB velocity-sensitive grid sequencer, which will have you finding new musical directions and creating electronic grooves in no time.
Cutting Edge Sound
Building on our true Nova heritage, Circuit delivers cutting-edge sound with production-ready monophonic and polyphonic patches and tons of character for easily creating deep bass lines, epic leads and warm pads.
Build Ideas Quickly
Circuit's split grid shows your steps and notes at the same time, so you can sequence and play while seeing exactly what's going on. Build up your parts quickly and easily, either by programming each step or capturing your performance in real-time. Use simple streamlined modes to keep your harmonies, rhythms and melodies locked in time and key while you make riffs, hooks and chords. Or start experimenting for some serious sequencing exploration.
A suite of tools that expands Circuit, and gives you all you need to design and customise your instrument. Simply drag and drop samples onto Circuit with Sample Import, using the streamlined browser-based Web MIDI workflow, and create your own palette of sounds. Velocity sensitive RGB pads let you quickly build expressive drum beats, by step sequencing or playing the wide range of drum sounds. Define your sound with total control over pitch, decay, distortion and EQ.
Easily Tweak Your Sound
Sculpt your sound using eight macro knobs allowing you to subtly tweak or completely transform each patch. Then add movement and rhythm by recording or sequencing your performance.
Build Whole Tunes with Effects
Create an entire tune by combining up to 128 steps of synth and drum patterns, then adding space, depth and energy to your music with built-in effects. Sidechain your synths to the kick drum to get them to pump. When you’re done, save your tune to one of 32 slots.
The Novation Circuit comes with some great software too so you have more than enough to get up and running.
Thanks to all this great software, you'll be making great music straight out of the box:
- Access to the Sound Collective
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 4 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Free Melodics lessons
Access to the Novation Sound Collective
When you register this product after purchase, you also get access to the Novation Sound Collective.
The Sound Collective gives you free versions of innovative software instruments and great FX along with exclusive discounts for other great third-party software.
Fantastic Novation Warranty
No matter where you are in the world, Novation offer a fantastic two-year warranty if your hardware needs repair or replacement due to a manufacturing fault.
In fact, Novation will cover the shipping cost both ways in the UK and even send replacement hardware before you return your hardware to them.
Circuit What’s In The Box
- Novation Circuit
- USB cable
- 2 MIDI breakout cables: 3.5mm jack to female 5 pin din
- Printed Getting Started Guide
- Circuit patches sheet
- Safety information sheet
- 6x AA batteries included
- 12V DC power supply included
Circuit System Requirements
- Circuit can provide MIDI Input and Output via USB to a connected computer. It is class compliant, so will work on any modern Mac or Windows PC.
Single Hardware Unit Weight and Dimensions
- 1.4kg (with accessories)
- 0.95kg (without accessories)
- 5.0cm x 24.0cm x 20.0cm (H x W x D)
Product Hardware Specifications:
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 28 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Continuous pots with RGB indicator LEDs
- Dedicated filter and volume pots
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- USB socket
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Integrated speaker
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Battery compartment for 6x AA batteries (included)
- Kensington Security Slot
- 2 Nova synths
- 4 Part drum machine
- 6 Note polyphonic per synth
- 64 Synth patches
- 64 Drum patches
- 8 Synth macro controls (Control up to 4 parameters with one knob)
- 4 Drum parameter controls (Pitch, Decay, Distortion, Filter)
- Mixer view with levels and mutes
- Master FX with individual track sends
- 16 Delays
- 8 Reverbs
- Sidechain effect (7 types and off). Triggered from Drum 1
- Hi-pass / low-pass master filter
- 32 Sessions
- 6 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
- 8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- 50 Automation parameters (up to 4800 events per pattern)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
Real Time Performance
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Drum expand view allows real time drum record
- Octave (input) and pattern octave (edit)
- Pattern length and nudge
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
April 26, 2016Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*