The fourth generation Nord Piano 4 combines greatly expanded voice polyphony, a premium Triple Sensor keybed and Nord's acclaimed Virtual Hammer Action Technology for the ultimate piano experience.
The Industry Standard Stage Piano Returns
Following on from the success of the Piano 3, the Nord Piano 4 evolves by adding brilliant new performance features like Seamless Transitions, Dedicated Piano Filters and Split Point Crossfades. Furthermore, with an expanded 120 voice polyphony and a double-fold increase in Sample Synth memory, the Piano 4 is fully equipped for both stage and studio.
Like a truly flagship Nord Keyboard, the Piano 4 is broken down into three seamless sections. As well as a dynamic Piano section, you've also got a Sample Synth and high quality stereo Effects, modelled after classic stomp boxes. This allows you to re-imagine every sound from the Nord Library to your own tastes.
The end result is an elegant, live-focused keyboard with exceptional piano feel, courtesy of an 88-note Triple Sensor keybed (A-C) with grand weighted action. Seasoned professionals need look no further - Piano 4 has it all.
Nord Piano 4 Key Features
- 88-Note Grand Weighted Hammer Action with Triple Sensor Technology
- Comprehensive Factory Bank including Nord's latest Grands, Uprights, Electric and Digital Pianos
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Sample Synth with 512mb memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- NEW Seamless Transitions for smooth program changes
- NEW 7 Split Points with optional Split Point crossfades
- NEW Refined Organise Mode for quickly rearranging programs
- NEW Numeric Pad Mode for direct Program access
- NEW Creative Piano Filters
- NEW 512 MB Memory (doubled from Piano 3)
- USB and 5-Pin MIDI
- Master and Headphone Outputs, 3.5mm Mini Monitor Input
- User-Replaceable sounds and deep sound customisation
- Comes with Nord Triple Pedal, Piano Library v5 DVD-Rom, Power Cable and User Manual.
The enhanced Piano section features a broad selection of our unique acoustic, electric and digital pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library, greatly expanded voice polyphony and creative new Piano Filters.
Outstanding Piano Experience
The Nord Piano 4 factory bank contains our latest Grands, Uprights, Electric Pianos and Digital Pianos from the exclusive Nord Piano Library - all handpicked for their unique characters! Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling techniques capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments with breathtaking realism. Our exclusive Nord Piano Library is constantly updated with new unique world class sounds, and always free of charge.
Virtual Hammer Action Technology
Nord's exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, first introduced with Nord Piano 3, simulates the hammer movements in a Grand Piano delivering outstanding authenticity and dynamic response. The premium Triple Sensor keybed allows key movements to be determined with stunning precision. The result is a keyboard action that handles dynamic playing with amazing control at any velocity level.
Advanced String Resonance and Dynamic Pedal Noise
Our unique Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating when other notes are played on our Upright and Grand piano sounds. The included Nord Triple Pedal enables our Dynamic Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism taking the piano realism to a new level.
Creative Piano Filters
The Piano Section now features creative piano filters for accentuating softness, mid or brilliance.
The Nord Piano 4 features seamless transitions when changing sounds or programs while playing.
Layer and advanced Split functionality
The Nord Piano 4 features two sound sections that can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard. It features 7 Split Points and the new Split Point Crossfade functionality, introduced in the Stage 3, for smooth transitions between the two split zones.
Refined Organize Mode
The new Organise mode includes Copy/Paste and Move functionality for quickly rearranging your Programs. All Programs, Pianos and Synth Samples can be easily navigated using the new List View offering alphabetical, numerical and category sorting options. An optional new Numeric Pad Mode gives you instant access to Programs by entering the Program number.
The Effect section features a great selection of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes. All effects can be assigned freely to the Piano or Sample Synth section.
The Nord Piano 4 Effects includes Tremolo, Phaser, Chorus, Pan, Wah, RM, Flanger, Vibe, EQ, Delay and Reverb with a new Bright Mode.
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
Nord Piano 4 Specifications:
- OLED Display
- Seamless Transitions
- Split Point Crossfades
- 16 banks with 25 programs - 400 locations
- Organize functionality for programs
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 3 velocity response curves
- Triple Sensor keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updates
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - 1/4", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - 1/4", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - 1/4", 6,35 mm jack (For included Nord Triple Pedal or Momentary pedal)
- 1 Volume Pedal input - 1/4", 6.35 mm TRS stereo jack. (For a Control/Expression pedal)
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- Nord Piano 4: 1287 mm (50.7") x 121 mm (4.8") x 340 mm (13.4")
- Nord Triple Pedal: 264 mm (10.4") x 224 mm (8.8") x 70 mm (2.8")
- Nord Piano 4: 18,5 kg (40.1 lbs)
- Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
|Effects||tremolo, phaser, chorus, pan, wah, rm, flanger, vibe, eq, delay and reverb with a new bright mode|
|Number of Keys||88 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*