Designed and built with the DNA of their dependable MIDI Keyboards and Control Surfaces at heart, Nektar Aura invokes the feel of classic pad-style drum machines with seamless software integration.
Next-Gen Beat Composer
Featuring 16 hyper-sensitive RGB illuminated pads, an on-board step sequencer, a flexible pad repeat engine and incredible plugin control, Nektar Aura offers exciting drum-machine-style workflow to any DAW or external MIDI setup.
- USB MIDI Pad Controller with 16-RGB Pressure/Velocity Sensitive Pads
- 64-Step Sequencer with Dedicated Programming Interface
- TFT Colour Display
- 8 x Endless Rotary Pots, 16 x RGB LED buttons
- Pad Repeat Engine - Repeat Rate, Gate, Accent Interval, Accent Velocity Offset, Swing, Trigger Mode and Clock Source.
- DAW Integration - Transport control, Track Selection, Project Navigation
- USB and MIDI I/O - Universal MIDI Programmability
- Nektarine 2.0 Software Included - VST, AU, AAX or Stand-Alone Operation
- Compatible with Major DAWs like Ableton Live Suite, Cubase, Garageband, Logic, Reason, Studio One and more
Slick Hardware, Packed with Features
As we've grown accustomed to with dependable drum machines over the past few decades, Aura is packed with all the tricks you'll need to create natural grooves and entire beats quickly. Features like Pad Repeat, velocity changes, Swing and Trigger Modes enable fast and fluid beat creation. Endless rotary encodes, backlit RGB pads and assignable buttons facilitate complete control over your musical projects.
Universal MIDI Control
AURA can also be used in stand-alone mode with external MIDI devices. Custom Nektar DAW integration adds extended transport control, track selection, project navigation and more.
AURA's 'Plugin' mode provides instant control of hosted instrument plugin parameters. When programming drum sounds, quick access to key parameters such as pitch, decay or level is essential. Nektarine makes short work of this by auto-selecting the relevant parameters for control with AURA's 8 rotary pots based on the last triggered pad. Nektar plugin maps ensure that even plugins with thousands of parameters can be controlled seamlessly.
7 transport buttons are otherwise fully MIDI assignable, including MMC commands, and can be used to set up transport control for any software not supported by Nektar DAW integration.
Nektarine 2.0 Software Included
Paired with the included Nektarine 2.0 software, AURA becomes a plugin control powerhouse for VST, VST3 and AU plugins. Whether working a single multi-sound drum plugin or hosting a comprehensive kit using multiple plugins, setting AURA's pads up is fast and intuitive, with real-time auditioning.
Nektarine can host up to 16 different instrument-plugins simultaneously, so that each of AURA's pads can play its own plugin. Any pad can be re-routed to a new plugin by creating a plugin slot and loading a patch or plugin directly from AURA's browser. Pad assignments are saved as part of a DAW project/song or a Nektarine Multi-Patch for instant recall.
Nektar DAW Integration software is included for Ableton Live Suite, Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Studio One and Sonar/Cakewalk.
Nektar Aura Specifications:
- Stores 16 Collections of 16 Patterns each
- Each Pattern with up to 4 parts for a total of up to 64 steps
- Dedicated programming interface with 16 RGB buttons and parts selection buttons
- Real-time performance features (solo, mute, instant start options and more)
- Trigger sequencer parts in any combination at any time
- Independent settings per part (play rate, step length, velocity, accent, gate, swing and more)
- Extensive editing features all the way down to step level
- Internal and external clock operationLatch automation on/off
PAD REPEAT ENGINE
- 8 adjustable real-time parameters incl. note length, accent level and interval and repeat rate
- Dedicated Repeat rate settings & activation buttons
- Display soft button for instant assignment of pressure to velocity
- Tap tempo feature
- Internal and external clock operation
- AAX, AU, VST or VST3 plugin version and stand-alone application for OSX & Windows
- Load any VST, VST3 and AU instrument plugins
- 16 instrument plugin slots
- Each instrument slot with choke, volume, pan, mute/solo, sends 1-4 controls
- 4 effect insert plugin slots per instrument (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- 4 send effect plugin slots (AU / VST / VST3 FX)
- Store instrument & FX plugin patches + Nektarine Multi-Patches
- Browser Settings are remembered per plugin slot
- Handles all pad-, plugin- & patch-management with complete control from AURA
- Control page editor for customizing Nektar plugin maps or creating new ones from scratch
- Full parameter feedback: display updated in real-time
- Scale and Chords mode for building tracks
- Multi-Patch with Pad settings save as 'Default' load as default – all browser settings can be saved with tags for slots tag 'kick', slot 1, etc.
- 16 RGB color illuminated velocity-and pressure-sensitive pads
- 8 heavy duty potentiometers (360 degrees, endless)
- TFT colour display with 320×240 px including 4 soft buttons
- 16 RGB LED buttons
- 8 Nektarine buttons for direct access to Patches, Mixer, Pad Setup, Plugins and more
- 6 mode buttons
- 7 Transport Buttons with LED illumination
- Fully MIDI-programmable pads, switches and pots
- 16 Presets for storing all internal settings (not required when using Nektarine)
- Rugged housing with aluminium top
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- 30.1 cm (L) x 23.1 cm (D) x 4.5 cm(H)
- 1.4 kg
- AURA: USB class compliant (no driver needed) works with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Linux (Ubuntu)
- Nektarine and Nektar DAW Integration: Windows 8,10 or higher. Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- Ableton Live Suite, Bitwig, Cubase, Digital Performer, Garageband, Logic, Nuendo, Reaper, Reason, Studio One and Sonar/Cakewalk
|Software Included||nektarine 2.0|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.