If you're a professional bassplayer, or simply an avid bass enthusiast, and you're looking to invest in a top notch 5-string, then look no further. The Music Man StingRay5 Special Black 5-String Bass is here, and it's ready to rock your world in all the right ways.
Music Man StingRay5 Special Black 5-String Bass Highlights
- Modern upgrade to the industry-standard 5-string bass
- Select Roasted Maple neck with Roasted Maple fingerboard
- Humbucker pickup with 18v 3-band active EQ, and 3-way voicing selector switch for extra versatility
- Lightweight, well-contoured body offers a supremely comfortable playing experience
- Black body finish with a black pickguard
- Includes hardshell case
- Home Delivery options available
Premium-Grade 5-String Bass
With the Music Man StingRay5 Special Black 5-String Bass you get a modern take on one of the most beloved 5-strings ever made.
In fact, the StingRay5 is so well regarded that it's been the industry-standard 5-string bass for more than three decades - and with good reason too.
Recent upgrades to this bass include a lighter, more contoured body than ever before, an 18v active preamp (as opposed to the traditional 9v), and even a select Roasted Maple Neck.
In place of the more traditional Alnico magnet humbucker, Music Man have opted for Neodymium magnets in their StingRay Special lineup.
As Neodymium has a much stronger magnetic pull than Alnico, you can be sure of a much more articulate sound, with each nuance of your playstyle being evident.
This is also helped by the 18v preamp built into the StingRay Special Lineup, giving you a much more powerful sound than ever before, whilst retaining that vintage StingRay tone.
In addition to this, the StingRay5 Special comes equipped with a 3-way selector switch too. This switch changes the voicing of the pickup, giving you the option of a traditional humbucker, single coil, and a series humbucker (similar to a P-bass split coil) sound.
Order Yours Today
Contact our Online Sales team directly if you'd like to query the availability of this stunning bass. Alternatively, if your mind is made up, simply order yours online today and choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery options.
Music Man StingRay5 Special Black 5-String Bass Specs
- Model: StingRay 5 Special
- Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colour: Black
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4"" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard â€“ Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||Select Roasted Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||5 string|
|Body Material||ash body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.