1976 saw the introduction of the first-ever Music Man StingRay bass, and it took the music world by storm. The subsequent 4 decades have seen the StingRay recognised as one of the world's Classic Electric bass designs, and the Stingray 4 Classic continues this wonderful tradition with the addition of some more modern refinements.
Vintage Meets Modern
Featuring a string-through body bridge, mute kit, small profile nickel frets, and a nicely curved 7.5" fretboard radius - all from the original mid-to-late 70's design - the Music Man Stingray 4 Classic also comes compelte with a modern six-bolt neck attachment, and an easy access truss rod adjustment wheel, which help to add a sense of modern bass stability.
Combining the classic Ash body with a standard Music Man alnico humbucker and 2-band active EQ system helps you to easily produce those classic Music Man tones. Whilst the Treble and Bass control pots allow you to perfectly sculpt your overall sound, that unmistakeable Stingray tone is ever-present, regardless of your playstyle.
Try Before You Buy
As one of the UK's leading Music Man stockists, we here at PMT will gladly allow you to play test an instrument to help you make your mind up. Contact your local PMT Store today to request an in-store demonstration of this (or any other) Stingray bass guitar - you won't regret it!
- Model: Classic StingRay 4
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long (34.3 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 114.0 cm long)
- Weight: 10lbs, 4 oz (4.65 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Ash
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colors: Black
- Bridge: Music Man chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with "Classic" stainless steel saddles and adjustable mute pads
- Pickguard: Standard - Black
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 7.5" (19.1 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 8-1/4" (21.0 cm) long
- Frets: 21 - High profile, narrow width
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Figured maple
- Fingerboard: Figured Maple
- Neck Finish: High-gloss finish
- Neck Colors: Natural aged yellow finish
- Tuning Machines: Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 6 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting
- Electronic Shielding: Chrome plated brass control cover
- Controls: Single Pickup, 2-band active preamp; vol, treble, bass
- Pickups: Standard Music Man humbucker with Alnico magnets
|Shipping Weight (kg)||4.000000|
|Neck Wood||Figured Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||ash body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.