Toto lead guitarist and session musician extraordinaire Steve Lukather is widely regarded as one of the finest axe-men to grace the music world this past four decades. With tracks recorded for more than 1,500 albums, covering a broad range of artists and genres, it's safe to say that Lukather is as versatile a guitarist as any band could wish for, so you'd naturally assume that his signature guitars would follow suit - which is where the Music Man Luke signature series comes in!
Boutique Quality Signature Series Model
For this Luke III (or L3) BFR model, Music Man have addressed Lukather's needs as a touring guitarist, and included performance-enhancing extras such as an added mahogany tone block, on-board 12db adjustable boost, and a Satin Mahogany neck. The overall result is a guitar that is not only superior in both tone and versatility to the original model, but one which looks the part too.
As if the standard Luke wasn't already a great guitar, Music Man have decided to give it the BFR treatment.
Ball Family Reserve (or BFR) is a fabulous celebration of the Music Man heritage, and instruments built under the moniker are crafted using only the finest figured tonewoods and finishes available. These ultra-rare instruments are a "thank you" from Music Man to the every-day working musician, and were previously only reserved for select clientele.
DiMarzio Transition Humbuckers
Designed specifically for the new Luke III guitar, and named after Lukather's album "Transition", this passive humbuckers are both subtle and tough with plenty of power and depth. The sound they produce is organic enough for you to make it your own, with the bridge pickup being perfect shredding and technical play styles.
Spread the Cost
As with all of the high-end Music Man signature guitars, the Luke III BFR is a serious instrument that comes at a serious price. Fortunately, here at PMT, we have an excellent range of finance options available to you (including with 0% interest), which allow you to spread the cost over several months.
Music Man Luke III HH BFR Technical Specs
- Model: Luke III BFR
- Size: 12-1/2" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-15/16" long (31.75 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 93.8 cm long)
- Weight: 7 lbs, 15 oz (3.60 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: African Mahogany, with Mahogany Tone Block
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Color: Tumescent
- Bridge: Music Man floating vintage tremolo, Matte Black Plated
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 12" (30.5 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-3/16" (55.6 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Satin mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony fretboard
- Fret Markers: Mother of Pearl dots
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm passive tone - .022ÂµF tone capacitor
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickup Configuration: HH with 2 DiMarzio Transition humbucking pickups
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*