The Music Man John Petrucci Majesty signature guitar, seen here in a sleek and beautiful Polar Noir finish, represents the most innovative model in the John Petrucci signature series.
Long Live the Majesty
Inspiration for the John Petrucci Majesty came from the power, grace and beauty of a running stallion and that is exactly what this incredible guitar delivers and in Petrucci’s own words, it is “the perfect musical instrument for guitar players.”
Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Signature Guitar in Polar Noir Key Features:
- DiMarzio Illuminator Pickups
- 20 dB Gain Boost via Onboard Preamp
- Polished Ebony Fretboard
- 24 Stainless Steel Frets
- Newly Designed Piezo Tremolo
Constructing the John Petrucci Majesty
Aesthetically, the design of the John Petrucci Majesty was inspired by the sleek, modern engineering of a German race car and it certainly shows. One glance at the JP Majesty and you a struck with a sense of speed and power.
The first John Petrucci signature to feature full neck-through construction, this is one solid guitar and the incredibly smooth neck feel along with the double cutaway design allows for unobstructed reach of the higher frets - essential for guitar solos and virtuosic performance.
Retaining John Petrucci's recipe of the perfect tonewoods, the Music Man Majesty is constructed from a combination of Mahogany, Basswood and Maple.
From the headstock, through the neck and the section to which the bridge and pickups are mounted is made from one piece of Mahogany.
In order to keep the guitar lightweight and ensure a tight sound, Basswood has been used for the body.
Wanting to use Maple for the top to retain the tonewood, John Petrucci had the Ernie Ball Music Man engineers take a piece of Maple which was then laser etched, sanded and stained to look like carbon fibre adding to the race car feeling.
The Electronics - A True Driving Force
Ensuring easy access while minimising accidental activation, the pickup and piezo selectors are recessed with the pickup toggle switch located beneath the pickups and the piezo selector on the upper bout of the John Petrucci Majesty.
The control knobs are fanned out, with their arch allowing for easy reach, ensuring a natural and ergonomic feel during performance.
A preamp in the guitar gives you an instant 20 dB boost just by tapping the volume control.
Giving you further tonal options, a quick tap of the tone control gives you a split of coils when you're in the middle position.
The John Petrucci Majesty's voice is provided by a pair of DiMarzio Illuminator pickups.
Created especially for Petrucci, these pickups fulfil his desire for increased difference in sound between the neck and bridge pickups so that they can "speak" to each other with individual voices.
The DiMarzio Illuminator bridge pickup provides incredible midrange punch with the slightly bumped highs and tightened lows. From the neck pickup, you'll get a lot of headroom and a wide-frequency bandwidth.
Together, you get extreme versatility with a lot of clarity through clean and heavily overdriven amps, retaining an articulate tone with zero muddiness.
When the time is right, you can even go through the piezo for a whole different tonal palette to work with.
All Around Incredible Design for Incredible Performance
On the angled headstock of the Majesty, there are Schaller M6-IND locking tuning machines with black pearl buttons allowing for quick, precise and extremely secure tuning of your strings.
Down on the body, you’ll find a Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo bridge which has been forged from black pearl plated hardened steel and featuring stainless steel saddles.
Buy the Music Man John Petrucci Majesty and get a tour de force of versatile, extremely powerful yet beautifully articulate sound from a guitar that designed for the ultimate in comfort with incredible looks to match its sound.
Music Man John Petrucci Majesty Signature Guitar in Polar Noire Specs:
- Model: JP Majesty 6
- Size: 12" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (30.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
- Weight: 6 lbs, 12 oz (3.06 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Basswood with maple top and mahogany through neck
- Body Finish: Matte
- Body Colour: Polar Noir
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man® Piezo floating tremolo, made of black pearl plated, hardened steel with stainless steel saddles.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 17" (43.2 cm)
- Headstock Size: Angled & Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 24 - Medium Jumbo profile, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fret Markers: Custom JP Majesty Inlays
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with black pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: Through neck design
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminium control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom 2 pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector, momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume)
- Pickups: HH - DiMarzio Illuminators; Piezo bridge pickup
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26-36-46 (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240)
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker 1 x piezo|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||basswood body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*