Moog Werkstatt-01 – a compact, patchable analog synthesizer designed by Moog Music and built in the US. A kit with extremely easily assembly and no soldering required.
One Oscillator, Analog Synth
The Werkstatt-01 was originally designed to be used as a foundation at the “Engineering VIP” workshops at Moogfest 2014. Now, due to overwhelming demand, Moog have released the Werkstatt-01 to the public in a no-soldering-required kit.
My First Moog?
If you’ve ever wanted to get yourself a Moog, this could be your perfect opportunity. While the Moog Wekstatt is the most affordable Moog analog synth ever.
Even with the extremely attractive price tag, this analogue synthesizer has that classic, true Moog sound. It’s analogue, patchable semi-modular and fat sounding.
A great sounding Moog synth that’s perfect for players of all levels and ages that helps you get to grips with analogue synths.
Excellent Educational Tool
A website has been set up specifically for use with the WerkStatt synthesizer and works as an interactive learning portal. It contains educational lesson plans, project ideas, tutorials, 3D printer files and anything else you can think of when it comes to modifying your Werkstatt.
The Werkstatt was intended to appeal to people of all ages and works perfectly as a first synth; allowing you to learn more about how analog synths work while having fun modding your Werkstatt and creating awesome sounds.
Affordable, Fun and Useful
Whether you’re new to synths or you’re a synth veteran; the Moog Werkstatt-01 comes at a great price and you’ll find it a lot of fun to use.
Even if you’ve never played around with a synth before, you’ll find yourself playing and creating great music in no time and learning while you’re doing it.
Perfect for learning how to work with synth circuit boards and really understand the inner workings of what goes under the hood while also having fun and producing awesome sounds.
Moog Werkstatt-01 Analogue Synthesizer Kit Specs:
- Single VCO w/ frequency control (8Hz to 16KHz)
- Saw and square waveshapes w/ control for square pulse width
- Envelope or LFO selectable Mod Source that can be assigned to PWM or Pitch w/ Amount control
- Ability to PWM the square wave
- Classic 4-Pole Moog Ladder Filter w/ Resonance control (20Hz-20KHz)
- Select between the Envelope generator and LFO as Mod Source.
- Polarity switch (+/-) and amount knob for control of filter cutoff modulation
- Selectable Square or Triangle waveshape w/ rate control (2Hz-600Hz)
- Select between the Envelope Generator or ON (Drone)
- Controls for Attack & Decay time w/ Sustain On/Off switch
- One octave low-note priority legato keyboard with glide control
- VCA Input0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input-5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
- AUDIO Output Nominal +/-1.5V Signal
- POWER+12VDC Center Positive w/ 1.2A Wall transformer
- POWER CONSUMPTION 1.8 Watt AVG
|Effects||4-pole ladder filter for the classic moog sound|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*