The Moog Subharmonicon is a semi-modular analogue synthesizer with a unique approach to creating music.
Explore New Ways of Creating Music
Explore sequences that unfold and evolve with 6-tone subharmonic chords and organic polyrhythms.
Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Analogue Synthesizer Key Features:
- Analogue Synthesiser
- Semi-Modular for Great Versatility
- Self-Oscillating Ladder Filter, Low-Pass, 4-Pole Filters
- VCA EG and VCF EG Envelopes for Attack and Decay
- Explore and Design Evolving Polyrhythmic Patterns with Two Sequencers
- Four Oscillators
- Craft Rich Harmonies with Six-Tone Subharmonic Chords
- Integrate with Moog Mother-32 and DFAM for Limitless Possibilities
- Limited Availability - get it whilst you can!
Creating Unique Tones
With two analogue VCOs and four subharmonic oscillators, the Moog Subharmonicon boasts six powerful sound sources.
Mathematically derived from one of the two main VCOs, each of the Moog Subharmonicon's subharmonic tones become beautifully formed chords.
Built-in quantisation allows you to set the intervals you need. You also have a range of selections for multiple tuning systems.
Contemporary Equal Temperament settings along with Just Intonation are on offer as well as the untethered freedom of no quantisation.
The chord shapes are animated through a polyrhythmic pair of 4-Step Sequencers, each of which can be clocked by any or all of four Rhythm Generators which output mathematical divisions of the master tempo.
You can layer multiple Rhythm generators over each other, creating complex rhythms and form new patterns and styles too.
The Moog Subharmonicon also features dual Envelope Generators, a Moog Ladder Filter and analogue VCA, allowing you to explore a range of dynamic sounds from atmospheric pads to percussion and everything in between.
Semi-Modular Patching Potential
While you can create fantastic sound with the Moog Subharmonicon without the need of patching, this fabulous analogue synth features a modular patchbay that unlocks a world of patching potential.
The Moog Subharmonicon's 32-point 3.5mm patchbay can be patched into itself to expand its onboard features. Alternatively, you can interface the Moog Subharmonicon with Mother-32 DFAM and other external Eurorack-compatible gear with a MIDI Type A adapter included for DIN to 3.5mm MIDI input.
Powerful Performance Potential
The Moog Subharmonicon semi-modular analogue synth is all about incredible potential, giving you the tools you need to unlock your creativity.
Use the Moog Subharmonicon as a standalone analog synth with the included +12V DC power supply or just remove the front panel and install the Moon Subharmonicon into your Eurorack system.
Buy the Moog Subharmonicon from PMT Online now for a versatile analogue synth with subharmonically derived synthesis and polyrhythmic sound.
The incredible Moog Subharmonicon is being crafted in limited numbers, with only 80 being made available for the whole of Europe!
Luckily for you, we've managed to get our hands on some, so if you'd like one we recommend placing your order sooner rather than later to avoid missing out - once they've gone, they've gone.
Moog Subharmonicon Semi-Modular Analogue Synthesizer Specs:
Analogue Sound Engine
- SOURCES: VCO 1, SUB 1, SUB 2 / VCO 2, SUB 1, SUB 2
- FILTER: Self-Oscillating Ladder Filter, Low-Pass, 4-Pole (-24 dB/Octave)
- ENVELOPES: VCA EG (Attack, Decay); VCF EG (Attack, Decay)
Analogue Sequencers (x2)
- STEPS: 4 Steps per Sequencer, selectable Quantization
- CLOCK: Driven by any and all of the Rhythm Generators
Rhythm Generators (x4)
- RHYTHM: Derived by dividing the Tempo by an integer value (1-16)
- CLOCK: 20 BPM to 3,000 BPM (Beats per Minute; 1 Pulse per Quarter-note), MIDI Clock, EXT CLOCK
- JACKS: 32 x 3.5mm
- INPUTS: 17 Input Jacks
- OUTPUTS: 15 Output Jacks
- MIDI: 3.5mm MIDI Input (Type A dongle included)
- AUDIO: 1/4" TRS Headphone or 1/4" TS Instrument
- POWER: Power supply connection
- SECURITY: Kensington lock slot
Weight and Dimensions
- Imperial (in.): 4.2h x 12.57w x 5.24d
- Metric (cm): 10.67h x 31.93w x 13.31d
- Weight: 3.5 lbs.
- Metric Weight: 1.58 kg
Power Supply (Included)
- STYLE: Wall adapter; barrel connection; center-pin positive
- INPUT: 100 – 240VAC; 50 Hz – 60 Hz
- OUTPUT: +12VDC; 1200mA
- TYPICAL: 4.8 Watts
- CURRENT DRAW: 360mA (maximum) from +12VDC (10-pin header)
- MOUNTING DIMS: 60HP (1" / 26mm Module Depth
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.