Moog Minitaur Analog Bass Synth
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
The Moog Minitaur is a powerful analog bass synth in a modular desktop format, with an intuitive knob layout to make tweaking patches quick and easy, especially for live performance.
As far as analog synths go, look no further than Moog - After their rise to prominence in the 1970s, Moog modular synths are in demand more than ever, and offer a more immersive music creative experience than traditional software synths.
Taurus power packed into a portable desktop synth
Two waveform oscillators provide a range of tones for you to tweak and evolve on the fly, with over 100 synth presets to get your creative juices flowing. All of the sound creation tools and controls are at your disposal, including a trademark 4-pole Moog Lowpass VCF Filter, VCO, VCA and amplifier envelopes for you to fine tune your perfect synth sound.
Additional performance controls like Release and Glide switches allow you to further customise your tone, whilst a bank of 1/4" jack CV inputs and expression pedal input offers all the connectivity for hooking up to external keyboards and controllers.
A USB MIDI port on the rear allows for direct connectivity to your DAW sequencer for virtual synth recording.
New 2.2 Firmware Update
As of July 2017, there's a brand new firmware update available for the Moog Minitaur, with all new LFO waveforms, Sample and Hold, and space for saving up to 128 presets via the software editor. This is update is available for free from the Moog website (seen HERE).
List of 2.2 Changes:
- Added RPN 2 Coarse Tuning support (-64 to +63 semitones)
- Added LFO modes: Square, Ramp, Saw, Sample/Hold, Filter EG
- Added VCO2 Hard Sync
- Added "VCO 2 Only" option for LFO-to-VCO pitch modulation
Additional Shifted Panel Controls
- Hold GLIDE + turn LFO RATE knob to set LFO Waveform (Tri, Sqr, Saw, Ramp, S/H, Filter, EG)
- Hold GLIDE + turn VCO2 LVL knob to turn VCO2 Hard Sync on or off
- Hold GLIDE + turn VCO LFO AMT knob to set LFO "VCO2 Only" (Off or On)
- Hold GLIDE + turn FILTER ATTACK knob to set Filter EG Delay Time (0ms to 10s)
- Hold GLIDE + turn GLIDE knob to set global Top Octave Wrap behaviour (Off or On)
- Fixed LFO KB Reset when LFO Midi Sync is active
- Fixed Release switch response to editor when in independent decay/release
- Restore edited preset if saving is initiated on the hardware, preset location is changed, and then save is canceled
- Last received MIDI mod wheel value persists, when turning "load preset mod wheel" on/off
- Improved LFO MIDI Sync
- Re-mapping CV inputs restores preset value for previously-mapped parameter
- Removed internal pitch-CV offset on boot ("cv start note" is now 0; was 20 - can also set a custom cv start note via sysex F0 04 08 23 18 00 nn F7, where nn = start note in hex)
- Pitch-CV input re-scaled to full range when mapped to parameters other than Pitch-CV
- Wrap top octave fix, for small VCo2 detuning values
- Filter EG delay time range set 0 to 10 seconds
- Glide time restored after Note Calibration
- Minitaur no longer adds a tilde (~) after present name, when saving on the hardware
If you have any queries regarding the availability of this synth, feel free to contact our online sales team directly.
- 128 Onboard Presets
- Free Editor/Librarian Software (Mac/Windows)
- 2 Taurus Oscillators
- Taurus Ladder Filter
- 6 Modulation Sources (Tri, Sqr, Saw, Ramp, S&H and Filter EG)
- Hard Sync
- 2 ADSR Envelopes
- External Audio Input
- MIDI Sync-able LFO
- Assignable CV Inputs
- CV to MIDI Conversion
Front Panel Controls:
- VCO2 Frequency
- Oscillator 1 & 2 Saw/Square Waveform elector
- VCO1 Level
- VCO2 Level
- VCF Cutoff
- VCF Resonance
- VCF EG Amount
- LFO Rate
- LFO VCO Amount
- LFO VCF Amount
- VCA EG Attack
- VCA EG Decay/Release
- VCA EG Sustain
- VCF EG Attack
- VCF EG Decay/Release
- VCF EG Sustain
- Release On/Off Switch
- Glide On/Off Switch
- Fine Tune
- MIDI Indicator LED
- LFO Rate Indicator LED
- Audio Out
- Audio In
- Analog CV Inputs - Pitch CV, Filter CV, Gate
- MIDI - MIDI (DIN), MIDI (USB)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.130000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!