The Modal Electronics CRAFTsynth 2.0 is an evolution of the monophonic synth and raises the bar for affordable, portable synths.
8 Oscillators of Pure Portable Power
With 8 oscillators, 40 unique waveforms with sounds from the Modal 002 along with VA, digital and generative wave forms you’ve got no shorter of awesome sounds to work with.
Combine those with the built-in sequenced arpeggiator, MIDI DIN and Sync in/out, built-in delay and distortion FX and the incredible portability of the CRAFTsynth 2.0 and you’ve got a highly affordable synth that really raises the bar.
Modal Electronics CRAFTsynth 2.0 Monophonic Wavetable Synthesizser Key Features:
- Monophonic Wavetable Synthesizer
- 8 Oscillators with Two Selectable Waveforms and Mixer Stage
- 40 Unique Waveforms in 8 Banks of 5 Waveform Sets
- Modal 002, VA, Digital and Generative Wave Forms Included
- Built-In Sequenced Arpeggiator
- State-Variable Filter
- Built-In Digital and Delay FX
- 2 LFOs, 3 Envelope Generators, 8 Modulation Sources
- 8 Custom Scales
- MIDI DIN and Analogue Clock Sync
- Free MODALapp
- Powered by 3 x AA Batteries or USB
- Extremely Portable and Compact
A Huge Improvement
Compared to the CRAFTsynth 1, the new CRAFTsynth 2.0 portable synth is a huge leap forward with many new or improved features.
With the 2.0 you get 40 morphable waveforms (as apposed to the 5 non-morphable waveforms present on the original CRAFTsynth). You now also have two LFOs instead of just one.
You also get the benefits of a sequenced arpeggiator, MIDI-DIN IO ports and analogue clock sync IO ports.
What’s more; the CRAFTsynth 2.0 comes to you as a complete, pre-built device with an enclosure while the original was a DIY device with no enclosure.
This is just a small list of the many, many improvements the CRAFTsynth 2.0 has over its predecessor which stands out as a fantastic and powerful synth that is at the height of competition in its class.
Huge Sounds and Huge Potential
This monophonic wavetable synthesizer is just brimming with potential thanks to its 8 oscillators.
40 unique waveforms are available to you including CA, digital and generative waves and some great waves taken from the Modal 002 unit.
Making it easy to find the sounds you want quickly; the waveforms are split into 8 separate banks of 5 morphable waveform sets.
Make Your Sound Your Own
There are multiple tools and effects built-in that allow you to sculpt your own signature sound with the CRAFTsynth 2.
You can process and cross modulate the waveforms with one of 16 oscillator modifiers which options such as Frequency/Phase Modulation, Hard/Window Sync, Ring/Amp Modulation, Derez/Bitcrush along with Wavefolders and Waveshapers all on offer.
There are also three envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation and two audio rate LFOs.
A two-pole resistant filter is on board and can be morphed from low bass, through band pass up to high pass.
Also, you can add extra dimension to your sound with built-in Delay and Distortion which is made from waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing.
Connect and Sync
MIDI DIN in and out is onboard for huge potential while analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG/Teenage Engineering specification) allows for great integration with your existing setup.
Class compliant MIDI is provided over USB connection to your host computer or tablet.
You also have headphone and line outputs so you can listen privately or send your sounds elsewhere be it speakers or another device.
Fantastic Portability, Great Performance Power
Despite boasting tonnes of features and incredibly powerful performance, the CRAFTsynth 2.0 is incredibly small. Its longest dimension is just 6 inches and it weighs approximately 300g (that’s less than 1 lb!) making this an amazingly portable synthesizer.
In addition to its light weight and compact design, this unit is made even more portable by the fact that the CRAFTsynth 2 can be powered by USB or three AAA batteries.
Buy the Modal Electronics CRAFTsynth 2.0 portable synth from Professional Music Technology for a potential-packed, powerful monophonic synth that allows you to make music on the move.
Modal Electronics CRAFTsynth 2.0 Monophonic Wavetable Synthesizer Specs and Features:
- Monophonic wavetable synthesiser
- 8 oscillators in total with 2 selectable waveforms and mixer stage
- 40 unique waveforms available split into 8 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets
- VA, digital and generative waves are available along with selections from the Modal 002
- Process and cross modulate waveforms with 1 of 16 oscillator modifiers including Frequency / Phase Modulation, Hard / Window Sync, Ring / Amp Modulation, Derez / Bitcrush, Wavefolders and Waveshapers
- Multi option Unison / spread to detune the 8 oscillators for a huge sound
- 3 x envelope generators for Filter, Amplitude and Modulation
- 2 x audio rate LFOs
- 8 slot modulation matrix with 8 sources, each source can have 1 destination. (LFO1, LFO2 and MOD-EG assignable from CRAFTsynth, Velo, Note, ModW, AftT and Expression assignable from MODALapp)
- Program and transpose patterns with the built in sequenced arpeggiator
- 2-pole resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Delay and distortion (waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and Delay
- 64 preset storage locations
- 8 key touch MIDI keyboard with 8 custom scales and root note selection
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Headphone and line output
- Powered by USB or 3 x AA batteries
- Optional software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
- Portable and compact design
- Dimensions: 150mm x 135mm x 68mm (6”x5 1/2”x 3”)
|Number of Keys||8 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.