Modal Argon8 Polyphonic Synthesizer
Out of stock
Unavailable for purchase
The Modal Argon8 is an 8 voice polyphonic wavetable synthesizer featuring a revolutionary new engine to deliver fantastic sound.
An Evolution of Synthesis
When the Modal 002 was first introduced over five years ago, it raised the bar for wavetable synthesis and is still hugely popular with artists around the world.
Now, after six years od development, Modal introduce the Argon8; an evolution of the highly acclaimed Modal 002, featuring a powerful and revolutionary new wavetable synthesizer engine.
Paired with the free MODALapp, unlock the full creative potential of your Modal Electronics synthesizer through this cross-platform application that delivers a visual and hands-on synth experience like no other!
Modal Argon8 Key Features:
- New 8 Voice Wavetable Synthesizer Engine
- 120 WaveTables Split Into 24 Banks of 5 Morphable Waveform Sets
- 28 Static Wavetable Processors
- 32 High Resolution Wavetable Oscillators
- Full-Size 37 Key FATAR Keybed
- 7 Different Keyboard Modes
- 500 Fully Editable Patch Memories
- 100 Sequencer Presets
- 100 FX Presets
- USB MIDI Connectivity
- Powerful MODALapp Compatibility
- Rugged Steel and Aluminium Chassis
Revolutionary New Wavetable Synthesizer
With its new wavetable synthesiser engine, the Modal Argon8 is able to offer true 8 voice polyphony.
It comprises 120 carefully crafted wavetables that are split over 24 banks consisting of 5 morphable waveform sets each.
These sound sets give you incredible tones ranging from classic analogue synths to modern electronic music and includes many sounds from the original Modal 002 and a wide range of tables that have been mathematically generated.
32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice and featuring 8 types of oscillator modifier including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync allow you to really shape your sound.
You can further manipulate your output with 28 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify.
You can apply these processors to all 120 wavetables for an astonishing range of sonic options and new waveshapes.
Almost important as the sound to your performance is the touch!
With this in mind, Modal have fitted the Argon8 synthesizer with a full size 37 key FATAR TP9/S full size keybed.
What's more, this keybed features both velocity and aftertouch to accurately capture your performance.
A range of different keyboard settings give you all sorts of performance potential with Mono, Poly, Unison 2, Unison 4, Unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4 modes all ready and waiting.
Of course, the Modal Argon8 boasts a wide variety of parameters for you to change up your sound and Bourns continuous rotary encoders are used throughout as standard.
You also have a 4-axis joystick which you can assign to a huge range of modulation settings and virtually "lock" whenever you wish.
Allowing you to easily integrate the Modal Argon8 with your existing setup or use this awesome synth as a hub to build on, it has a number of versatile connections.
Full size MIDI five pin din sockets allow you to connect to external gear and software. The Modal Argon 8 also has a USB MIDI port for increased functionality with your favourite DAW and other audio software.
There are full size 1/4" jack connections which you can use for both audio and external control by adding in sustain and expression pedals.
Using the 3.5mm stereo input you can even route incoming audio through the Modal Argon8's built-in FX.
Unlock the full potential of your Modal Electronics instrument with the free, cross-platform MODALapp. Providing full intutive visual control over presets, patch editing and synth paramaters, alongside effortless firmware updates and seamless DAW integration, the MODALapp allows you to experience hardware synth editing at its finest!
With every paramater you could want at your fingertips, the app works in perfect harmony with your synth to unlock full-touch integration over you set-up from selectable waveforms, to filters to modulation and sequenced patterns - whether you're on Windows, macOs, iOS, iPadOS, Android OR AU/VST3.
Perfect for both live performance and in-depth production setups, with the MODALapp you can easily import and export everything from single patches to entire libraries so you never need to trouble yourself with complicated third party softwares again!
The Modal Argon8 features a Class Compliant USB MIDI connection so you can use the Argon8 with virtually any DAW.
Supercharged Preset Library
That's not all though, as this Argon model also comes with the super impressive Monster Machine preset pack.
With 40 creatively inspiring sounds, this incredible preset library perfectly compliments the power that the ARGON provides effortlessly.
With every sound that's ideal for everything from nostalgic synth songs to horror soundscapes. Take your performance to new heights!
A New Level of Sophistication
Nearly six years in development by the extremely dedicated team in Bristol, England, the Modal Argon8 offers a level of sophisticated synthesis creation that is unheard of at this price point and hard to find in synthesizers at even higher price points.
Buy the Modal Argon8 polyphonic synthesizer and enjoy a new level of sound creation and incredible performance at an amazing price.
Firmware v3 Features:
Introducing Oscillator Free Run and Vintage features, exciting four new filter models, new FX algorithms and extremely useful new Arpeggiator play modes, ARGON8 v3 is maximizing the experience of a modern wavetable synth that excites musicians and sound designers. Building on the fundaments of our sophisticated product research and development team and user suggestions, ARGON8 will sound more organic and exciting than ever before.
Modal Argon8 Specifications:
- True 8 voice polyphonic
- Supports MPE-compatible MIDI controllers, allowing you to apply polyphonic control and expression to individual notes
- 32 high-resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice
- 180 carefully crafted wavetables split into 36 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets Additional PWM bank and 3 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2
- 32 static wavetable modifiers including, de-rez, wave folders, waveshapers, phase shapers and rectify can be applied to the 180 wavetables to give a mind-boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes
- 8 types of oscillator modifier including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
- Voice Drift and Width controls that help to create massive stereo soundscapes
- 2-pole state variable filters, 4 Filter types – ‘Standard’ filters are based on the resonant filter found in other Modal synthesisers and ‘Classic’ with a more rounded character and a softer resonance response.
- 3 dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions and multiple envelope curve options
- 2 Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
- 8 assignable modulation slots and 4 additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments with 11 modulation sources and 52 modulation destinations
Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Polyphonic Real-time sequencer with 512 notes and four recordable/editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
- Polyphonic Step Sequencer with 64 steps, 8 notes per step, 4 lanes of Parameter-Lock style animation, Step Input mode, multiple playback modes including gate modes and rest function
- Built-In sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
- Waveshaping distortion
- 3 incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 100 FX presets
- 8 Quick Recall slots accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches
Controls and Performance
- Premium FATAR 37-key Keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 29 endless encoders, 24 buttons
- 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Chord Invert control to easily create chord inversions and variations
Inputs and Outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4" TS dual-mono line outputs
- 6.35 mm / 1/4" TRS headphone output
- 3.5 mm / 1/8" TRS stereo audio input
- MIDI DIN In and Out
- 3.5 mm / 1/8" TS Analogue clock sync In and Out
- Class compliant MIDI over USB connection
- 6.35 mm / 1/4" TRS expression pedal input
- 6.35 mm / 1/4" TS sustain pedal input
Enclosure and Display
- Road-ready steel and aluminium enclosure with economical stained bamboo end cheeks
- 1.54-inch large OLED display for instant visual feedback at all times of playing/editing
- Power: DC-9.0V – 1.5A centre-positive
- Free MODALapp software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
- MODALapp can also be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with VST3 and AU versions available
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 555 x 300 x 100 mm / 21.9" x 11.8" x 4"
- Weight: 5.60 kg / 12.4 lbs
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.000000|
|Number of Keys||37 keys|
We have a wide range of Delivery Options available, depending on the value of your parcel and budget. Select from our 2-3 Day Saver Service or our Next Working Day options at the Checkout.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
- Free Delivery Available on Selected Products
- Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £19.99
- Small Items (Under 750g) Small items will be delivered by Royal Mail starting from 99p
- Heavy Items (Over 30kg): Pallet Service Doorstep Delivery £65
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within the hour.
Click here for more about our local Click & Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
*Please note: We cannot accept returns of microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.
Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.
If you and your new item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT Experts either by phone or email to return your item or organise an exchange for something more suitable.
If you've changed your mind about something you bought in-store, bring it back within 14 days of purchase and we'll be happy to exchange it for another product, a gift card or store credit.