Modal Argon 8M Desktop Synth Module
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
Inheriting the DNA of their original Modal 002 synthesizer, the Argon 8 is now available in a versatile desktop format, containing all the bells and whistles of the keyboard edition!
Next-Gen Wavetable Poly Synthesis
Infused with the DNA of the original Modal 002 synth, Argon 8M serves up classic analogue sounds to modern electronic grit.
With its new wavetable synthesiser engine, the Modal Argon8M is able to offer true 8 voice polyphony. It comprises 120 carefully crafted wavetables that are split over 24 banks consisting of 5 morphable waveform sets each.
32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice and featuring 8 types of oscillator modifier including Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync allow you to really shape your sound.
You can further manipulate your output with 28 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify. You can apply these processors to all 120 wavetables for an astonishing range of sonic options and new waveshapes!
Modal Argon 8M Synth Key Features:
- New 8 Voice Wavetable Synthesizer Engine
- 120 WaveTables Split Into 24 Banks of 5 Morphable Waveform Sets
- 28 Static Wavetable Processors
- 32 High Resolution Wavetable Oscillators
- 500 Fully Editable Patch Memories
- 100 Sequencer Presets
- 100 FX Presets
- USB MIDI Connectivity
- Free MODALapp for Editing Patches
- Rugged Steel and Aluminium Chassis
Modal Argon 8M Specifications:
- True 8 voice polyphonic
- 120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets, covering virtual analogue classics through to cutting edge EDM and many from the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically generated tables. Additional PWM bank and 3 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2
- 32 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes
- 32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice, with 8 types of oscillator modifier including: Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
- Voice Drift and Width controls that help to create massive stereo soundscapes
- Two pole morphing resonant filter with multiple filter types
- Filter can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Hugely powerful “Mod Matrix” with eight assignable slots with four additional fixed routes, 11 mod sources and 52 destinations
- A 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- Three dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions
- Two Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
- Waveshaping distortion
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo FX engines
- FX include Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Positive or Negative), Lo-fi, Tremolo, Rotary, 3 x Delay types (Stereo, Ping-Pong, Crossover) and Reverb.
- Real time sequencer with 512 notes with input quantise and four recordable / editable parameter animations
- Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs and 200 user patch spaces. Patch upload and download through the free MODALapp
- 100 sequencer presets and 100 FX presets
- Quick Recalls accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches. 8 slots
- Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Full size quarter inch jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external control such as sustain and expression
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Optional MODALapp standalone software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android. Optional MODALplugin VST3 / AU plugin for running MODALapp within your Digital Audio Workstation (coming soon)
- Power: DC-9.0V-1.5A
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!