Martin OM-42 an extremely ornate acoustic guitar laden with hand-inlaid pearl and crafted from the best quality woods that Martin has to offer.
Quality Martin Craftsmanship
The Standard Series OM-42 Orchestra Model acoustic guitar is something truly special. Being an Orchestra Model design, the OM-42 combines a small statured auditorium size body with a long scale neck.
Quarter inch, scalloped Sitka Spruce bracing works with the Sitka Spruce top resulting in an extremely secure build and brilliant resonance.
Through careful craftsmanship and design choices, the Martin OM-42 is able to project fantastically with a good level of volume that doesn’t overwhelm vocals so it is an ideal guitar for singer-songwriters and live performances.
The bound Ebony fretboard sits atop the smooth, gloss neck while the frets have undergone the coveted Plek fret dressing treatment.
The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin OM-42.
A bone nut and bone compensated saddle enhances the sustain and optimises the transfer of vibration from your strings to the solid Sitka Spruce top.
Top Wood Choices
Similar to the Martin OM-45, the OM-42 uses top grade woods in its construction. The top of the OM-42 is highest quality Solid Sitka Spruce, working in conjunction with scalloped Sitka Spruce X style bracing.
Making up the back and sides is beautifully dark East Indian Rosewood contrasting visually with the lighter Sitka Spruce top and contributing to a warm, rich sound.
Dovetail neck joint construction attaches the one-piece, genuine Mahogany neck that is found in a comfortable low profile shape.
A Beauty to Behold
From the moment you lay eyes on the Martin OM-42, you can see that this guitar is an absolute work of art. Hand-inlaid pearl and top quality woods have combined to make sure that the OM-42 doesn’t only sound great but looks beautiful too.
The bound Ebony fingerboard features Martin’s Style 45 Snowflake inlay design made of Abalone that just looks fantastic. This same snowflake design can also be found on the Ebony bridge.
All around the solid Sitka Spruce top is a beautiful abalone inlay which features a fretboard extension so each edge of the top is covered and looks beautiful; including the ornate rosette. Even the C.F. Martin logo on the headstock is beautifully inlaid.
For Players and Collectors
Coming in a moulded hardshell case, the Martin OM-42 is a fantastic example of an Orchestra Model guitar.
As a player’s guitar the OM-42 sounds as good as you’d expect a top-end Martin to sound and due to the extensive hand-laid inlay work and other aesthetic choices, the OM-42 can work equally well as a show piece; great for collectors of high end guitars.
Martin OM-42 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: OM-42
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 45
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Material: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Binding Material: Grained Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 45 Snowflake
- Fingerboard Binding Material: Grained Ivoroid with Multi-Stripe
- Side Dots: Black
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Gloss
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/4''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Moulded Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*