If you're looking for a folk-sized acoustic guitar that combines a vintage voice with a modern playing experience, then look no further: the new Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top is good for all of that. You even get a hardshell case to keep it safe.
Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top Highlights
- Newly designed OM style guitar with ultra-modern features
- New for 2019
- Brand new, ultra-low profile, asymmetrical neck design
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with Vintage Tone System technology
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Liquidmetal red dot bridge pins result in increased volume at no extra weight
- Lightweight, two-way Titanium truss rod for increased stability and easier neck adjustment
- Hardshell case included
- Finance Options Available
Vintage Tones, Modern Playability
With the Modern Deluxe series, Martin are offering gutiarists a truly unique playing experience. With plenty of new custom features adorning them, and cutting edge crafting techniques used to produce them, the Modern Deluxe series guitars are most certainly worth experiencing first-hand.
With the Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe you get a fantastic combination of vintage guitar design combined with the peak of modern construction techniques.
From the tonewoods used, down to the bridge pins and tuning pegs, every inch of this guitar represents a new chapter in the history of Martin Guitars.
Excellent Tonewood Pairing
Pairing Spruce and Rosewood together revisits arguably the most popular tonewood combination of the best part of the past century.
These tonewoods work together perfectly to produce a sound that's rich, clear and bright, with a complex resonance and plenty of rich overtones. In addition to this, the natural properties of the Spruce top produce a consistent sound that's ideal for any playstyle, making it one of the most versatile tonewood combinations available.
While the sound this guitar produces may well be exquisite in its own right, this isn't the only thing about the Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe that will turn your head.
Sporting a set of stylish gold frets, gold open gear tuners, a pearl-inlaid 30s style script headstock logo, a lightweight 2-way Titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal bridge pins, and even a new assymetrical neck profile, this high-performance folk guitar is a beauty to behold.
Fully complimenting the modern appointments you'll find some familiar Martin appointments. Included in these are the Sitka spruce VTS top, VTS Adirondack spruce braces, dovetail neck joint, and even natural protein glues used in the construction.
If it's that vintage Martin tone you want, combined with modern playability, then make your next purchase a Modern Deluxe series guitar.
Thanks to innovations developed by the R&D team at Martin, achieving the same tone as a vintage acoustic has never been more accessible.
This is largely down to their fantastic Vintage Tone System (VTS) - a unique Torrefaction process that's used to age the guitar's tonewoods prior to construction. The end result is akin to what you'd usually get with a naturally-aged and well-played guitar - which is exactly what you get with the Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe.
Available to Order Now
If you'd like to know more about the availability of this stunning guitar, then please contact our Online Sales Team or your Local PMT Store directly.
Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top Specs
- Model: OM-28 Modern Deluxe
- Construction: Dovetail Neck joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scaloped
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back/Purfling Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: European Flamed Maple
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Eropean Flamed Maple
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Heringbone
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Sylized Script Inlay
- Heelcap: European Flamed Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Width at 12th Fret: 2.25"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares, Long Pattern
- Side Dots: Abalone
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Liquidmetal
- Bridge Pin Dots: Red Acrylic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case Included: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Model Available: Yes (Contact our Sales Team directly for more details)
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||genuine mahogany neck|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||orchestra model|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*