Martin OM-21 – a classic Orchestra Model acoustic guitar featuring a Sitka Spruce top and East Indian Rosewood back and sides.
Martin OM-21, Orchestra Model Guitar
The Martin OM-21 is considered by many as one of the finest acoustic guitars Martin has ever produced. A high standard has truly been set by the Martin OM-21 with its gorgeous tonewood combination, performer-friendly body shape and comfortable neck profile.
Making the top of the OM21 is Sitka Spruce, a real classic when it comes to acoustic guitar tops and extremely popular due to its beautiful resonance, projection and rich tones.
Adding in the East Indian Rosewood back and sides, the OM-21 produces some really luscious, deep tones while retaining crisp and clear articulation.
Scalloped, X style Sitka Spruce quarter inch bracing enhances the resonance and projection of the Martin OM-21 while maintaining a securely built body.
Continuing Performance Improvements
Joining the body via a secure dovetail joint is a comfortable, modified low oval shaped neck with an extremely smooth and playable satin finish. The wood that the fretboard found on this neck has been crafted from is Ebony, making it both highly playable and durable.
In 2012, Martin wanted to return to the OM-21 and improve it where possible and to this end they decided to treat the fretboard to the coveted Plek fret dressing process.
The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin OM-21.
As is traditional, bone has been used to form both the nut and the compensated saddle – a great material for ensuring optimum transfer of string vibration to the body and enhanced sustain.
A Timeless Instrument
Any serious guitar player would be more than pleased to own the OM-21; it is a timeless instrument and a guitar that players and collectors alike aspire to own.
Coming to you with a wooden hardshell guitar case, the OM-21 is a fantastic example of the expert luthiery that the good men and women of Martin are capable of and you will treasure it for decades to come.
Martin OM-21 Orchestra Model Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: OM-21
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 18
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Faux Tortoise
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Heelcap: Faux Tortoise
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930 Style Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 3/16''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.