No other guitar in the Standard Series line-up embodies the true essence of Martin like the HD-28.
A Masterclass in Dreadnought Design
The name HD-28 tells you a lot about this classic Martin acoustic guitar. The ‘H’ refers to the iconic Herringbone style binding, the ‘D’ tells you that this instrument is a Dreadnaught size guitar while the ‘28’ tells us that this is a Spruce top and Rosewood back and side combination.
Crafting a Martin Classic
A traditional dreadnought body shape provides plenty of depth, warmth and volume to your guitar playing sound – re-creating Martin’s legendary Herringbone-style 28 guitars that are loved the world over.
Solid Sitka Spruce forms the top of the HD-28, Sitka Spruce being a real go-to tonewood when it comes to acoustic guitar tops and extremely popular due to its beautiful resonance, projection and rich tones.
East Indian Rosewood has been used to craft the back and sides, with this wood being renowned for its rich, deep wood grain hue adding an extra layer of visual appeal and complimenting the beautiful tones produced by the Sitka Spruce top.
Martin’s standard X Shaped, scalloped bracing has been utilised, crafted from Sitka Spruce, offering plenty of projection and enhancing the bold acoustic voice of this formidable dreadnought guitar.
Extremely Playable Neck
Joining the HD-28 at the 14th fret by way of a dovetail joint is an extremely smooth, extremely playable satin finished neck.
Adorning the neck is an Ebony fingerboard which is a joy to play and extremely durable, providing singing sustain and detail that is beneficial to any musical style or performance.
To further enhance the playability of this fantastic acoustic guitar, Martin have given it the much-lauded Plek fret dressing treatment.
The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin HD-28.
A Great Investment
The HD28 is well suited for almost any style of player, and lends itself particularly well to rhythmic strummers.
An incredibly versatile instrument for your acoustic arsenal that includes an official Martin hardcase to protect your investment. The HD-28 is a fantastically built guitar that you will cherish or decades to come.
Martin HD-28 Dreadnaught Acoustic Guitar Key Features:
- Solid Sitka spruce top with polished gloss finish
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides with polished gloss finish
- Plek process fret dressing treated
- Standard X scalloped bracing pattern with 5/16 inch solid Sitka spruce braces
- Select hardwood neck with low profile
- Chrome enclosed tuners with large buttons
- Includes Martin moulded hardcase
Martin HD-28 Dreadnaught Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: HD-28
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Heelcap: White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Clear
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Knob: Large
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Moulded Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Nut Width||1 11/16''|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.