The Martin DXK2AE represents a new generation of Martin acoustics - The X-Series. Aimed at the modern day or entry-level player that want the rich heritage and Martin quality without the hefty price tag.
Vintage Martin dreadnought with Hawaiian Koa HPL top at an affordable price
Martin's DXK2AE continues the legacy of the Martin Dreadnought in a much more economical package. The established features of their guitars stay put - Spruce 'X' Bracing, low-oval modified neck profile and a top quality Fishman Sonitone pickup make it easy to play for any level of guitarist.
Martin have managed to keep the X-Series perfectly affordable thanks to the use of High Pressure Laminate Koa material for the top, back and sides, so you get all the cosmetic beauty of a solid Koa tonewood without the astronomical costs. Tone is light, detailed with bags of projection, so is ideally suited for intimate acoustic gigs.
The Martin DXK2AE is equally well prepared for medium sized gigs thanks to a professional Fishman electronics system that give simple 'plug-and-play' ability.
Order Yours Today
This fantastic, budget-friendly guitar is available to order now, both Online and In-Store, so get in touch with us today and get yourself a bargain! In-Store Pickup and Home-Delivery available!
Martin DXK2AE Technical Specs
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Top Material: HPL
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Top Detail: Koa Pattern
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Herringbone Ink
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: Koa Pattern
- Heelcap: Black
- Side Detail: Koa Pattern
- Neck Material: Natural Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Recommended Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light (MSP4100)
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Label: Foil Label
|Neck Wood||natural birch laminate|
|Pickup Config||1 x fishman sonitone|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.