Martin's X-Series are designed to offer the look, feel and sound of a classic Martin, but at a much more affordable price and with more responsibly sourced materials.
Solid-top Koa Pattern Dreadnought
Featuring Martins D-14 Dreadnought style body, the DX1KAE electro acoustic guitar provides everything you'd expect from the worlds leading acoustic guitar manufacturer. If you're after a full-bodied dreadnought with premium performance features that won't break the bank, the Martin DX1KAE is for you.
Drawing on the historic designs of the original 'dreadnought', Martin have utilises a solid wood top from Sitka Spruce for outstanding projection and tone. The High-Pressure Laminate (HPL) back and sides is grained with a gorgeous Koa pattern, keeping the guitar lightweight enough for travelling without compromising on tone.
Professional Fishman electronics and a solid sitka spruce top delivers a beautiful dynamic sound with a lovely, rounded full sound. Simply plug in and play to enjoy the benefits of Martin's rich heritage and acoustic guitar expertise.
Available to Order Now
Call into your local PMT Store and arrange for a demonstration on this fantastic guitar today! Alternatively, place your order Online or in-Store and make use of our range of Home Delivery and In-Store Pickup options!
Martin DX1KAE Technical Specs
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Hand Rubbed
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Detail: Koa Pattern
- Heelcap: Black
- Side Detail: Koa Pattern
- Neck Material: Natural Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Recommended Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light (MSP4100)
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Label: Foil Label
|Neck Wood||natural stratabond|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.