The Martin DSS-17, seen here in a gorgeous Whiskey Sunset, is a dreadnought acoustic guitar with a slope-shoulder design.
Style and Substance
Exemplifying great design, the Martin DSS-17 Whiskey Sunset is the perfect combination of quality build and great looks.
As a result, you get a guitar that plays and sounds as good as it looks – and the DSS-17 is a seriously beautiful acoustic guitar.
Martin DSS-17 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Whiskey Sunset Key Features:
- Slope-Shoulder Dreadnought Body
- Sitka Spruce Top
- Mahogany Back and Sides
- Scalloped Sitka Spruce X-Style Bracing
- Modified Low Oval Neck with High Performance Taper
- Rosewood Fretboard
- Plek Fret Dressing
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Golden Age Relic Nickel Tuning Machines
- Includes Soft Shell Case
Crafting The DSS-17
With its slope shoulder dreadnought body, the Martin DSS-17 gives you great depth and volume with an elegant new aesthetic.
Sitka Spruce used for the DSS-17’s top due to its rich tones and wide dynamic range. The back and sides are made from Mahogany which add to the rich, warm tone and enhance the high end with beautifully airy treble.
Highly Playable Neck
Giving you great playability, the Martin DSS-17 features a modified low oval neck with a high performance taper.
This neck shape combined with the high performance taper makes for easy chording at the lower frets while its gradual widening allows for more dynamic playing the higher you reach.
A traditional Rosewood fretboard is in place and has been treated to a Plek Pro fret dressing.
Using a Plek Pro machine, each fret has been scanned and machined with amazing precision. The end result is a fretboard that plays like a dream.
High Quality Hardware
Up on the headstock, you’ll find six Golden Age Relic tuning machines offering amazingly precise and secure tuning of your strings.
Down on the body, there’s a Rosewood bridge with a compensated bone saddle providing precise intonation and excellent string vibration transfer to the Sitka Spruce top.
A bone nut is in place, giving you great sustain and naturally bright tone.
Fantastic Looking Martin Dreadnought
While playability and tone are paramount, the Martin DSS-17 is an incredibly good looking guitar, and that’s an important feature too!
The body itself is striking, with its elegant slope shoulder design along with its Whiskey Sunset finish that is as rich and warm as the guitar’s beautiful tone.
On the Rosewood fretboard, you’ll find a visual treat in the form of Mother of Pearl 1955 style 18 inlays while the headstock boasts an old-style script logo for that vintage look.
Furthermore, the DSS-17 comes with a soft shell case – a great way to carry your new guitar with you wherever you go.
Buy the Martin DSS-17 dreadnought acoustic from Professional Music Technology and add this fantastic looking guitar to your collection.
Martin DSS-17 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Whiskey Sunset Specs:
- Series: 17 Series
- Model: DSS-17 Whiskey Sunset
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16”
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: Antique White
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4”
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8”
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1955 Style 18
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Sides Finish: Satin
- Back and Sides Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Top Finish: Satin
- Top Colour: Whiskey Sunset Burst
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Modern Straightline – Drop In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16”
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Strings: Authentic Acoustic Medium (SMA550T)
- Knob: Cream Plastic
- Bridge Pin Material: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard: Ivoroid
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Soft Shell
- Label: None
- Electronics: None
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*