Martin DRS-2, Road Series Electro Acoustic Guitar, All Solid Tonewoods, Budget-Friendly, Includes Ply Hardshell Case
Martin's Road Series of guitars is where Tone and Value meet, with guitars designed to offer all the comfort and tone associated with the more expensive Martin models, at a price that's affordable for the working musician.
Blends Durability With Concert-Quality Sound
With the Martin DRS2 you get a gorgeous guitar built on traditional styling and that legendary Martin tone. This acoustic-electric guitar is amongst the most of affordable of Martin's Solid Wood models, and is constructed with Sapele back and sides with a Sitka Spruce top.
Martin DRS-2 Key Highlights
- High quality yet affordable Dreadnought style guitar
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top, with Solid Sapele back and sides
- High Performance Neck Taper
- Fishman Sonitone preamp / pickup
- Built for life on the road
- Includes Hardshell case
- 0% Finance and Free Delivery available!
The top is crafted of solid Sitka spruce and braced with Martin’s A-Frame (X1) bracing. Back and sides are select solid Sapele, similar in look and tonal qualities to its close cousin, mahogany. As beautiful as it looks and sounds, the DRS2 is a serious working musician’s guitar built for on the road durability without sacrifice of tone.
High Performance Tapered Neck
The neck is constructed of a multi- layered wood laminate called Stratabond that perfectly simulates natural quartersawn wood grain. The fingerboard and bridge are crafted of black Richlite, amazingly similar in look, weight and resonance of ebony.
Professional Grade Electronics
A Fishman Sonitone sound reinforcement pickup system completes this very road – and stage – worthy Martin. Simply plug into your Amp or PA system, adjust your EQ accordingly, and you're ready to go!
Pick One Up Today
Order your very own Martin DRS-2 either Online or In-Store today, and make use of our fantastic range of Store Pickup or Home-Delivery options!
Martin DRS-2 Technical Specs
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4"
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: Sapele
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Side Material: Sapele
- Electronics: Fishman Sonitone
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Black
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: Cherry
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Heelcap: Black
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Recommended Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP4200)
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Label: Paper Label
- Pleked: Yes
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||rust stratabond|
|Pickup Config||1 x fishman sonitone|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*