If you're seeking to purchase a full-sized Martin Dreadnought that's made for high performance levels without compromising even a little on tone, then the new Martin DC13E Electro Acoustic w Fishman MXT Pickup is for you. As part of the modestly-priced new Road Series lineup, the Martin DC-13E is here, and it even comes with a soft shell case to keep it safe.
Martin Road Series DC-13E Electro Acoustic Highlights
- Dreadnought-style electro acoustic guitar with a lower bout cutaway
- New for 2019
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with a Solid Mutenye back and sides
- Environmentally-friendly Richlite fingerboard with Plek-dressed frets
- High Performance Neck taper
- Fishman MX-T pickup and preamp system, with discrete soundhole-mounted tuner
- Includes premium soft shell case
- Finance options available
The Road Series - Reinvigorated
Martin's Road Series was first introduced in 2001, and offered players the chance at owning a guitar which featured all of the iconic looks, sound, and playability of a Martin, but at a more-afforable price.
Reinvigorated for 2019, the new Road Series guitars build upon that legacy in style, and feature a whole host of premium-grade appointments, both familiar and new.
The new Martin DC-13E is a full-sized Dreadnought-style electro acoustic, with a lower bout cutaway, that's been constructed from solid Spruce and Mutenye. This fantastic guitar is perfect for dynamic performers who like to alternate between playstyles, and share their tone with both live and studio work.Tonally Exquisite
With its familiar-looking Solid Sitka Spruce soundboard sitting atop a back and sides constructed from exotic Mutenye wood, the Martin DC-13E is a pleasure to play and hear.
The Mutenye produces a relatively even tone, with a low end that's clear and present being complimented by an articulate high and mid-range. This suits the Sitka Spruce top perfectly, with the pairing coming together to produce a well-defined, pleasant voice that's suited to most playstyles.
In addition to sounding great, the DC-13E is specially designed for high levels of performance and comfort. With its High Performance Tapered neck, Plek-dressed frets, and cutaway body design, this guitar is perfect for the player who isn't content to merely play open chords at the bottom end of the neck.
A new addition to the Road series is the inclusion of a Fishman MX-T pickup and preamp system. This fantastic set of electronics not only accurately amplifies your guitar's tone, it also features discrete soundhole-mounted controls and a tuner.
Available to Order Now
If you have any queries regardining the availability of this fantastic guitar, don't hesitate to contact your local Professional Music Technology store or our Online Sales team directly.
Martin DC13E Electro Acoustic w Fishman MXT Pickup Specs
- Series: Road
- Model: DC-13E
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Top Detail: None
- Rosette: MOP Pattern with Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Material: Mutenye
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Side Material: Mutenye
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece Inlay: None
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Heelcap: White
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: MOP Pattern
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: MOP Pattern Dots- 28 Style Pattern
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: None
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Color: None
- Finish Neck: Hand Rubbed
- Neck Color: None
- Bridge Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: Lifespan 2.0 Auth Acoustic MA540 Phosphor Light
- Knob: Small
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Case: Soft Shell
- Label: Paper Label
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood neck|
|Pickup Config||1x under saddle|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||dreadnought cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*