Originally introduced by Martin way back in the 1930s, when it comes to dreadnought guitars the Martin D-28 is about as iconic as it gets.
Martin D-28, The Iconic Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
A favourite guitar of legendary artists such as Hank Williams Sr. and Jimmy Page, the D-28 has been in production for over 80 years and there’s a reason it has proven so popular over it’s incredibly long life span.
Incredible Martin Guitars Construction
A traditional dreadnought body shape provides the Martin D28 with plenty of depth, warmth and volume.
A Solid Sitka Spruce top has been used for the D-28, Sitka Spruce being an extremely popular tonewood due to its beautiful resonance, projection and rich tones.
For the carefully crafted back and sides, Solid East Indian Rosewood has been used, with this wood being renowned for its rich, deep wood grain hue which adds an extra layer of visual appeal and assisting the beautiful tones produce by the Sitka Spruce top.
X Shaped, scalloped bracing has been utilised, crafted from Sitka Spruce, offering plenty of projection and enhancing the bold acoustic voice of this formidable dreadnought guitar.
Extremely Playable Neck
Joining the D28 at the 14th fret by way of a dovetail joint is an extremely smooth, extremely playable satin finished neck.
Adorning the neck is an Ebony fingerboard which is a joy to play and extremely durable, providing singing sustain and detail that is beneficial to any musical style or performance.
To further enhance the playability of this fantastic acoustic guitar, Martin have given it the much-lauded Plek fret dressing treatment.
The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin D-28.
A Great Investment
The Martin D28 is well suited for almost any style player and lends itself particularly well to rhythm playing and strumming.
An incredibly versatile guitar for your acoustic arsenal that includes a moulded hardcase to protect your investment, the Martin D28 is an amazingly built guitar that you will cherish for decades to come.
Martin D-28 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: D-28
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: White
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Overlay
- Heelcap: White
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 11/16''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother of Pearl
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Side Dots: White
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Clear
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Recommended Strings: SP LIFESPAN 92/8 PHOSPHOR BRONZE MEDIUM (MSP7200)
- Knob: Large
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Case: Moulded Hardshell
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||solid mahogany|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.