Martin CEO-7 – a special model acoustic guitar from Martin reminiscent of those from the “Golden Era”.
CEO-7 Golden Era Martin
Being part of Martin’s CEO Series of acoustic guitars, that means it was designed by Martin Guitars CEO Chris Martin IV. As such it has some fantastic appointments and showcases Martin’s signature quality craftsmanship.
For the top of the CEO-7, solid Aidrondack Spruce has been used. Adirondack Spruce was somewhat of a standard tonewood used in guitars of the pre-WWII era due to its incredibly dynamic range and potential for volume.
The back and sides of the CEO 7 have been crafted from solid Mahogany. This combination of high quality woods results in a beautifully complex tonality in the sound of the CEO 7.
Adirondack Spruce has also been used for the scalloped, quarter inch, X style bracing which results in optimised resonance, projection and a securely built guitar.
As is traditional, bone has been used to form both the nut and the compensated saddle – a great material for ensuring optimum transfer of string vibration to the body and enhanced sustain.
High Level of Playability
To enhance playability of the CEO 7, a few top end features were decided upon by CEO Chris Martin IV in the design stage.
Fitted with a sturdy dovetail joint, the neck is in a comfortable and easy to play modified V shape; another feature reminiscent of those 1930s, vintage acoustic guitars.
The fretboard found on this neck is a black Ebony, making it both highly playable and durable.
To add to this, the fretboard has undergone the coveted Plek fret dressing treatment. The Plek Pro is an incredible, high-tech tool that has been developed for guitar production factories. The result of Plek Pro treatment is a fantastic fret dressing that significantly improves the playability of the Martin CEO-7.
“Golden Era” Style Guitar
Designed in the spirit of Golden Era acoustic guitars, by the CEO of Martin Guitars himself; Chris Martin IV, this is an extremely special guitar.
Coming to you with a wooden hardshell case to keep your instrument well protected, the CEO-7 acoustic guitar is one you will cherish and enjoy playing for decades to come.
Martin CEO-7 Acoustic Guitar Specs:
- Model: CEO-7
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 00-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Back Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified V
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/4''
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Old Style 18
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Back and Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Top Colour: Autumn Sunset Burst
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Straight Line - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Knob: Cream Plastic
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Label: Pre-printed CFM IV Signature - Numbered in sequence without total
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||select hardwood|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*