Looking for an acoustic guitar that plays and feels like a modern instrument, but sounds like a decade's old Martin? Then look no further, the Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top is all of that and more!
Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top Highlights
- Newly designed Auditorium (000) style guitar with ultra-modern features
- New for 2019
- Brand new, ultra-low profile, asymmetrical neck design
- Solid Sitka Spruce top with Vintage Tone System (VTS) technology
- East Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Liquidmetal red dot bridge pins result in increased volume at no extra weight
- Lightweight, two-way Titanium truss rod for increased stability and easier neck adjustment
- Hardshell case included
- Finance Options Available
Vintage Meets Modern In The Best Possible Way
A stunning combination of vintage Martin know-how and cutting-edge technology, the brand new Modern Deluxe series is here. Featuring bags of new custom appointments, and producing that classic Martin sound, these high-performance acoustics would make a great centre-piece to any guitarist's collection.
In true Martin fashion, the 000-28 Modern Deluxe combines the best of vintage guitar design with cutting-edge technology, to bring you a truly unique playing experience.
Whether we're talking about the tonewoods used, the new asymmetrical neck profile, or even the fine details (such as the body binding or rosette) you know that the utmost care has been taken to ensure this guitar does everything you could want it to and more.
A firm favourite amongst Martin enthusiasts for many decades, Spruce and Rosewood work together impeccably. With the bright, rich, boomy Rosewood voice perfectly complimenting the loud, clear and versatile properties of the Spruce, it's no wonder that this combination has proven so popular over the years.
In addition to these woods naturally sounding great, the Spruce top has been given Martin's VTS (Vintage Tone System) treatment, prematurely ageing the wood through cutting-edge techniques to give a genuine vintage sound - like an acoustic that's been well-loved and looked after over the decades, that's been allowed to age naturally.
The Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe might sound incredible, but it's worth noting that it also looks and feels fantastic too. This is largely down to a host of custom, modern upgrades that Martin have opted for with their Modern Deluxe series, and each of them have their part to play.
These upgrades include a set of gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, and a pearl-inlaid 30s style script headstock logo on the aesthetics front. If we're talking functionality though, you need look no further than the 2-way Titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal bridge pins, and asymmetrical neck profile, making this one of Martin's most playable models in recent years.
Fully complimenting the modern appointments you'll find some familiar Martin appointments. Included in these are the Sitka spruce VTS top, VTS Adirondack spruce braces, dovetail neck joint, and even natural protein glues used in the construction.
If it's that vintage Martin tone you want, combined with modern playability, then make your next purchase a Modern Deluxe series guitar.
Auditorium Body Shape
Martin's 000 body style is one of their smaller full-size models, being similar in size and shape to the popular OM (Folk) guitars that they produce. However, the Auditorium (or 000, as it's officially known) comes complete with a thinner neck and shorter scale length, and making it appeal to players who use a pick, and who prefer a brighter treble response.
Available to Order Now
If you'd like to know more about the availability of this stunning guitar, then please contact our Online Sales Team or your Local PMT Store directly.
Martin 000-28 Modern Deluxe VTS Top Specs
- Model: 000-28 Modern Deluxe
- Construction: Dovetail Neck joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace
- Brace Shape: Scaloped
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Back/Purfling Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: European Flamed Maple
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Binding: Eropean Flamed Maple
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Heringbone
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Sylized Script Inlay
- Heelcap: European Flamed Maple
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Width at 12th Fret: 2.125"
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares, Long Pattern
- Side Dots: Abalone
- Back and Side Finish: Gloss
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Colour: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-5/32"
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Knob: Butterbean
- Bridge Pin Material: Liquidmetal
- Bridge Pin Dots: Red Acrylic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Case Included: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Model Available: Yes (Contact our Sales Team directly for more details)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*