M-Audio Studiophile AV42 active monitors are desktop speakers designed for professional level media creation or just upgrading your audio for personal enjoyment.
Great Audio from Compact Powered Speakers
These powered speakers are a great, compact size so they will fit nicely on your desktop.
Great for music production and other professional media creation and ideal for upgrading your sound for enjoying music, movies and video games.
M-Audio Studiophile AV42 Active Monitors (Pair) Key Features:
- 4” Polypropylene-Coated Woofers for Tight, Accurate Bass
- 1” Ferrofluid-Cooled Silk Cone Tweeters for Clear, Pristine Highs
- OptImage IV Tweeter Wave Guides for Superior Imaging and Detail
- Acoustically-Inert Cabinet with Bass Reflex Design for Deep, Rich Sound
- 20-Watt Per Channel Amplifier with Class A/B Architecture
- RCA Inputs for Gaming Systems, DJ Gear, Mixers and More
- Front-Panel Auxiliary Input for Connecting Your Laptop/Computer, Phone, MP3 Player or Other Audio Device
- Front-Panel Headphone Output
- Front-Panel Volume Control
Great Audio, Stylish Aesthetic
Making for a huge upgrade over standard factory desktop speakers, the M-Audio AV42 active speakers allow you to experience incredible, crystal-clear, super defined audio.
Not only are they great for producing music but they’re also ideal for gaming, watching movies and listening to your favourite songs.
Combining super stylish aesthetic design with high quality components, these speakers look as good as they sound, fitting in great on your desk while allowing you to enjoy professional level audio.
High Quality Speakers and Build
To achieve this amazing level of audio quality, the M-Audio AV42 speakers have some great features.
Ensuring tight and accurate bass, each of the speakers feature 4” polypropylene-coated woofers while 1” ferrofluid-cooled silk cones provide clear and pristine high frequencies.
For added purity of sound, the MDF cabinets have been designed to be acoustically-inert, eliminating resonance that would steal clarity away from the sound.
The latest version of the OptImage wave guide has also been installed. Improving on the fantastic OptImage III, the OptImage IV waveguide gives amazing imaging and highly accurate, punchy sound reproduction.
In order to accommodate the new waveguide, M-Audio have removed the grille. But never fear; even without the protection of the grille, the tweeter and woofer have been designed to be highly resilient, popping out when pushed in.
With its flexible connectivity options, the M-Audio AV42 speakers can be integrated into your setup with ease.
Rear-panel RCA inputs allow you to connect to virtually any gear with RCA outputs such as gaming systems, DJ equipment, mixers and more.
Furthermore; the AV42s even come with premium speaker wire, a 1/8-inch jack to stereo RCA cable and a standard 1/8-inch jack cable for quick setup straight out of the box.
That's all the cables you need included!
On the front panel, you’ll find a 1/8-inch aux input so you can quickly switch audio sources from the RCA inputs on the back to whatever you connect in the front such as your laptop, mp3 player, phone or other device.
Next to this aux input, there’s also a headphone output so when it gets late you can carry on listening to your music without upsetting the neighbours.
Everything You Need for Fantastic Sound
From both left and right speakers, premium speaker wire, jack cable and RCA cable to the acoustic traction pads to ensure sturdy placement, the M-Audio AV42 active monitors come with everything you need to start enjoying incredible audio straight away.
Buy these awesome active speakers from PTM Online now and give your audio a huge upgrade.
M-Audio Studiophile AV42 Active Monitors (Pair) Includes:
- 2 x AV42 Monitors
- 1/8-Inch Cable
- 1/8-Inch to Stereo RCA Cable
- Premium Speaker Wire
- Acoustic Traction Pads
- Power Cable
- User Guide
- Safety Manual
M-Audio Studiophile AV42 Active Monitors (Pair) Specs:
- Type: Two-way desktop reference speaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: 4" diameter, polypropylene-coated, with high-temperature voice coil
- High-Frequency Driver: 1" diameter, silk cone tweeter
- Frequency Response: 75 Hz – 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.7 kHz
- RMS SPL: 101.5 dB @ 1 meter
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Input Connectors: Left and right RCA line input, and 1/8" aux input
- Polarity: Positive signal at "+" input produces outward low-frequency cone displacement
- Dynamic Power: 20 watts continuous, per channel into 4 Ohms
- Input Impedance: 10 k Ohms unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 100 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter
- Indicator: blue power LED for aligning wave guide
- Power Requirements: 100-120V/~50/60 Hz, 220-240V/~50/60 Hz; powered via detachable 2-conductor line cord
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Dimensions: 8.4" x 5.7" x 7.4 (21.3 cm x 14.6 cm x 18.8 cm)
- Weight: 7.6 lbs (3.43 kg)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*