Instantly improve the sound of your studio with 3-way monitors! The M-Audio M3-6s are designed for critical listening applications as an accurate nearfield reference monitor.
Active 160-watt, 3-way Studio Reference Monitors with 6" Kevlar Woofers, 5" Kevlar Midrange, 1" Silk Dome Tweeters
- Real wood baffle; optimized internal bracing
- Inline mid- & high-frequency drivers offer superior imaging
- 6" woven Kevlar low-frequency driver
- 5" woven Kevlar mid-frequency driver
- 1" silk dome tweeter with integrated waveguide
- Frequency response: 40 Hz - 22 kHz
- Tri-amp Class A/B power, 160 Watts total
- XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs; RCA unbalanced input
- 3-band EQ with bypass; switchable low-cut filter
- Rear-mounted volume and power control
Why Go 3-Way?
1. It plays louder. A midrange driver is typically four to five inches in diameter, meaning that the midrange driver can “move a lot more air” through the mid frequencies than a diminutive 1” tweeter. For the same wattage input, a five-inch midrange driver literally takes a “bigger bite” out of the air, which translates into more sound for the same input power.
2. Great power handling & extremely reliable. Having a dedicated midrange driver means that the tweeter—which is the most fragile of speaker elements—does not have to struggle trying to reach down to the midrange frequencies, as tweeters must do in two-way systems. The crossover frequency specs tell the story: In a properly designed three-way speaker, the tweeter doesn’t have to “enter the game” until around 4,000 Hz—well up into the treble region, which is not a frequency area that requires the current-heavy drive signals that can burn out a delicate tweeter. In contrast, the tweeter in a two-way speaker crosses over about a full octave lower—around 2,000 Hz—which puts it in considerably greater thermal and mechanical danger. The lower a tweeter crosses over, the more likely it is that you’ll suffer tweeter failure from burnout or irreparable voice coil displacement from over-excursion.
3. Wide and consistent sound coverage. This is critically important in a studio monitor—you have to have wide, even, consistent sound coverage so you can hear your mixes with clarity and detail, even if you’re standing a little off to the side (“off axis”) of the speaker. The M3-6 uses its drivers only in the frequency range where it has very wide-angle dispersion.
Best of all, the space-saving M-Audio M3-6 Studio Reference Monitor delivers its truly spectacular three-way sound from the same compact cabinet size as a standard two-way monitor.
- Frequency response: 40 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency:
- Low-Mid: 400 Hz
- Mid-High: 4 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 110 W
- Mid-frequency amplifier power: 30 W
- High-frequency amplifier power: 20 W
- LF cutoff switch: flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- LF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 100 Hz
- MF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 1 kHz
- HF: ± 6 dB boost/cut at 10 kHz
- Bypass switch
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produces outward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k O balanced, 10 k O unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: Output current limiting; over-temperature; transient on/off protection to prevent speaker "pops"; subsonic filter; external mains fuse
- Cabinet: Wood veneer front baffle with vinyl-laminated cabinet
- Size (W x H x D): 9.25" x 15" x 9.06"; 235 mm x 381 mm x 230 mm
- Weight: 23.15 lbs.; 10.5 kg
|Power||160 watts rms|
|Tweeter||1" silk dome tweeter with integrated waveguide|
|Woofer Size||6" woofer|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.