Whether you're a beginner, intermediate or advanced-level producer, musician or songwriter, the M-Audio Code 49 Black can take your music production to the next level.
Fully Featured USB MIDI Controller with X/Y Pad
The Code Series offers the highest professional level of performance control and keybed feel, combined with an unusually comprehensive set of features and included software. Another superb addition to M-Audio's lineup of critically acclaimed audio interfaces, MIDI keyboards and high quality studio hardware!
- Full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch and four assignable zones for splits and layering
- Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
- 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
- Fully-assignable 360 encoders for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- Fully-assignable faders lets you control your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- Fully-assignable buttons lets you assign keyboard hotkey and MIDI messages for controlling your DAW and Virtual Instruments
- Mackie/HUI transport control enables a simple setup with the most popular DAWs
- LCD provides instant parameter feedback
- Sustain and Volume pedal input for further creative control
- USB-powered with 5 pin MIDI in and out allows for sending MIDI from PC sequencers to your favourite analog synth
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes Preset Editor
- Includes Hybrid 3.0 and Loom by AIR Music Technology
- Includes Pro Tools First
All Code keyboards—25, 49 and 61 key models—have an all-new keybed with action that is clean, and precise. The natural profile keys are both velocity- and pressure-sensitive, for maximum expressivity.
Code controllers are equipped with everything you need to produce some serious musical creations. Extensive assignable parameter control is a breeze with multiple banks of faders, knobs, buttons, pads, and a smooth feeling pitch bend and modulation wheel on top. New to the line of M-Audio controllers is the X/Y Touchpad, which provides additional and direct interaction with effects and instrument plugin parameters across an X/Y axis.
In addition, the keyboards can be split into four assignable zones to maximize the flexibility and functionality of your setup. (ie: trigger four different instruments in their own separate zone, or overlap zones and trigger two instruments at the same time).
Serious Production Power
Most every DAW uses keyboard shortcuts to execute common functions (like adding tracks, cut, paste, etc.). Now with support for ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands, you can map these commonly used shortcuts right to the controller itself, streamlining your workflow for a faster, more efficient and far more satisfying creation/production process. Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup.
For an easy-to-use and portable setup, all Code controllers are USB-powered, class-compliant, and supports USB-MIDI connectivity. Plus, they support iOS connectivity with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately), enabling you to perform and compose with audio apps on your iPad and other iOS devices.
Backlit Drum Pads
There are 16 assignable RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads to indicate at a quick glance exactly what function any particular pad is assigned to. The buttons, knobs and faders are also color-coded to indicate what mode they’re in. An alphanumeric LED display provides informative feedback, including on-screen display of parameters and settings. It all adds up to no confusion, no guessing, just precision control.
As if the playing experience and MIDI Control of the M-Audio Code wasn't enough, you also receive an impressive software package too, which includes everything you need to start making amazing sounds straight out the box. Unrestricted access to world-class creative tools has never been simpler!
- VIP 3.0 - Intelligent patch browser and VST MIDI Mapping Tool
- Ableton Live Lite - DAW software with up to 8 Audio and MIDI tracks
- Pro Tools First - Industry Standard DAW to Record and Sequence Audio / MIDI
- Eleven Lite - Modern and Vintage amps & cabs
- Hybrid 3 - High Definition Virtual Synthesizer
- Loom - Award-winning modular additive synthesizer
- Vacuum Pro - Polyphonic analogue synthesizer
- Velvet - Virtual Electronic Piano
- Eighty Eight Ensemble 2 - Virtual Steinway Grand Piano
- Xpand!2 - Multitimbral Workstation
- VIP Ready
- Includes 2GB (500+ sample) cutting-edge sound library from leading content developer Touch Loops.
NEW Includes 2GB Sound Library of In-Demand Sound Content From Touch Loops
Spark that initial idea or add the finishing touch to your latest masterpiece – whatever your production needs, Touch Loops’ 2GB sample library doesn’t disappoint! Based in Los Angeles and London, Touch Loops equips customers with the most cutting-edge sound elements, instruments, hardware, and software recordings, expertly curated by a team of professional music producers and sound designers. Now included with Code 49, this 500+ sound library provides everything from must-have one shot drum hits to sultry melodic loops and deep, driving bass - whatever your project demands, this expertly curated sample content arms you with cutting-edge content to realise it!
NEW Includes Pro Tools First
First isn’t a stripped-down application. It's based on the same music creation and audio production tools that award-winning artists, musicians, producers, engineers, and mixers rely on every day. All built on the rock-solid, great-sounding Pro Tools audio engine. Over 70% of all commercial music is produced using Pro Tools.
Pro Tools | First opens the door to a career in professional music production. Start learning the essential workflows required to succeed in the industry.
Direct Control - VIP Software
The Code 49 and VIP software also work together to give you even deeper access to sorting and manipulating your VST virtual instrument and FX plugin library. An integrated patch browser presents every patch for every VST plugin you have, and lets you to quickly filter, select and preview patches based on their specific attributes. You can layer patches together (from up to 8 different VST plugins) to create new patches and timbres. You can also create setlists that provide instant on-demand access to your instruments for stage performance and studio work.
- Plays virtually every VST compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type, timbre and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Etensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual insturments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
NEW VIP 3.0 Update
As of September 2017, Akai have announced the release of VIP3.0! This latest update of their critically acclaimed VIP software is even more efficient, and is now available on a wider-range of controllers than ever before!
All new features within VIP 3.0 include the following:
- VIPMS (VIP Native Plugin Map Standard) - 3rd party VST and Effect developers can now develop their own personal plugin maps, allowing for enhanced and seamless intergration with VIP, fully opening these plugins to VIP's superior workflow
- MIDI Learn - allows you to seamlessly map your MIDI controller's hardware controls to specific parameters within the software, enabling instant access and more efficient levels of creativity - this feature makes especially good use of the extensive libraries for MIDI controller mappings on both Akai Professional and M-Audio keyboards.
- Pad Chord Progressions - using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads, you can now easily play preset chord progressions
- Key Control modes - these allow you to play scales, harmonised chords or even chord progressions from your VIP keyboard
|Software Included||ableton live lite, air music technology loom, hybrid 3, pro tools first plus more|
|Number of Keys||49 keys|
November 13, 2018Read Article
October 30, 2018Read Article
September 6, 2018Read Article
October 24, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*