Now replaced with the M-Audio Code 25 Black Edition
The M-Audio Code Series combines a remarkably smooth-feeling keyboard with a surprisingly complete feature set to create a keyboard line of unusually professional capability and unexpected value.
25-note USB MIDI keyboard with vast array of assignable functions and AiR Music premium Plug-In suite
The Code Series builds upon M-Audio’s legacy of innovative workflow and playability. Their comprehensive controls automatically map to popular DAWs such as Ableton Live, FL Studio, GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, and Steinberg Cubase.
The Code 25 is easily one of the most featured-packed MIDI keyboards available to date. With 16 backlit drum pads, assignable faders, rotary controls and an X-Y touchpad, as well as pitch and modulation wheels, you can control every aspect of your software and plug-ins with ease. Transport controls and a backlit LCD display mean you can spend less time at your workstation and more time at your keyboard, recording your creativity.
To really set it apart from other 'budget' MIDI keyboards, the Code series utilises a high quality keybed that is responsive, dynamic and a delight to play. The natural profile keys are both velocity- and pressure-sensitive, for maximum expressivity.
In addition, a comprehensive software package is included—Ableton Live Lite, AIR Music Technology Loom and Hybrid 3—that ensures the artist has unrestricted access to the best creative tools. The Code Series delivers top-of-the-line performance with their professional-feel keybeds, their very complete feature sets and all their included software, yet they are priced far below what might ordinarily be expected for this level of capability.
Most importantly, the Code 25 intuitively combines an all-new custom premium keybed and hardware control surface with groundbreaking software features to create a truly next-level workflow experience. The Code 25 lets you focus on what’s really important—creating music. This is the MIDI controller that you’ve been waiting for.
The best semi-weighted synth-action MIDI controller available. Factor in the quality of included software instruments, and the entire package becomes hard to beat. A breakthrough product that will be much appreciated by keyboardist and musicians everywhere. A MIDI controller keyboard that can map seamlessly with 3rd-party plug-ins and makes controlling them more intuitive and easier.
Direct Control - VIP Software
The Code 25 and VIP software work together to give you even deeper access to sorting and manipulating your VST virtual instrument and FX plugin library. An integrated patch browser presents every patch for every VST plugin you have, and lets you to quickly filter, select and preview patches based on their specific attributes. You can layer patches together (from up to 8 different VST plugins) to create new patches and timbres. You can also create setlists that provide instant on-demand access to your instruments for stage performance and studio work.
- Plays virtually every VST compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing by plugin, artist collection instrument type, timbre and more
- Access, edit, and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature lets live performers switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Etensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual insturments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
NEW VIP 3.0 Update
As of September 2017, Akai have announced the release of VIP3.0! This latest update of their critically acclaimed VIP software is even more efficient, and is now available on a wider-range of controllers than ever before!
New Software Features:
- VIPMS (VIP Native Plugin Map Standard) - 3rd party VST and Effect developers can now develop their own personal plugin maps, allowing for enhanced and seamless intergration with VIP, fully opening these plugins to VIP's superior workflow
- MIDI Learn - allows you to seamlessly map your MIDI controller's hardware controls to specific parameters within the software, enabling instant access and more efficient levels of creativity - this feature makes especially good use of the extensive libraries for MIDI controller mappings on both Akai Professional and M-Audio keyboards.
- Pad Chord Progressions - using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller's pads, you can now easily play preset chord progressions
- Key Control modes - these allow you to play scales, harmonised chords or even chord progressions from your VIP keyboard
- 25 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch and four assignable zones for splits and layering.
- Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
- 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
- 4 assignable 360 encoders for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- 5 assignable faders lets you control your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
- 5 assignable buttons lets you assign keyboard hotkey and MIDI messages for controlling your DAW and Virtual Instruments
- Mackie/HUI transport control enables for a simple setup with the most popular DAWs
- LCD provides instant parameter feedback
- Sustain and Volume pedal input for further creative control
- USB-powered with 5 pin MIDI in and out allows for sending MIDI from PC sequencers to your favorite analog synth
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- Includes Hybrid 3.0 and Loom by AIR Music Technology
|Number of Keys||25 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*