The M-Audio BX5 Carbon monitors are an entry-level yet professional offering into the active studio monitor market, with all the features you'd expect from speakers costing 2-3x this price!
Last Chance to Buy
Get a great deal on the last pair of M-Audio BX5 Carbon Studio Monitors at PMT Online. Call our Sales Team for more information!
A 5" woofer with magnetic shielding makes the BX5 ideal for small-room and nearfield mixing and music production without shaking the walls or annoying the neighbours. Bass response is tight and controlled, with a 1" silk dome tweeter delivering crispy high end detail.
1/4" and XLR inputs on the back allow for direct connectivity to your soundcard or audio interface, with additional EQ and room controls to tailor the sound to your room size and shape. A handy feature on the front of the cabinet is the LED waveguide, allowing you to position the monitors exactly right to your mixing position to get the optimum sound and reference for your music.
M-Audio BX5 Carbon Specifications:
- Type: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LF Driver: 5-inch (127 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voicecoil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- HF Driver: 1-inch (25 mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency Response: 56 Hz – 22 kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8 kHz
- LF Amplifier Power: 40 W
- HF Amplifier Power: 30 W
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB typical A-weighted
- Input Connectors:
- 1 x XLR balanced input connector
- 1 x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Polarity: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Input Impedance: 20 K balanced, 10 K unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90 dBA output SPL at 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turnon/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse.
- Indicator: Power on/off indicator on rear panel
- Power Requirements: Factory-programmed for 115 V ~50/60 Hz, 230 V ~50/60 Hz, or 100 V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- Dimension (height x width x depth): 9.8" x 6.9" x 7.9", 250 mm x 176 mm x 200 mm
- Weight (without packing): 11 lbs., 5.0 kg
|Tweeter||1" natural silk dome tweeter|
|Woofer Size||5" woofer|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.