Drawing upon the design characteristics of our Expose E8B, the new VXT Series of monitors consists of three models, the VXT4, VXT6, and VXT8. With a visually striking enclosure design that is equally functional, providing low resonance, improved structural integrity and extended low-end, slotted ports for reduced port turbulence, plus a sleek curvature that provides excellent imaging characteristics and a widersweet spot the VXT monitors achieve a new level of precision.
The KRK VXT6 studio monitors represent the professional range of KRK's studio monitor series, with the same iconic Yellow kevlar woofer design as their award-winning Rokit series. A near-field monitor par excellence, the VXT6 is fitted with a proprietary-design 6" woven-Kevlar woofer and bi-amplified with a punchy 90 watts each; the design delivers tight bass and impressive volume. The VXT series are a more accurate, flat response monitor than their younger brother, the RP series, yet offer the power and added volume to translate well in bigger studio setups. Lucid detail, rock-solid stereo focus, and a generous sweet spot are afforded by a fast-transient silk-dome tweeter and sophisticated waveguide geometry. The cabinet design also incorporates a baffle contour that virtually eliminates diffraction distortion. A front-firing bass port (radiused to reduce port turbulence) eliminates boundary coupling, delivering clean, articulate low-end performance, even at high SPLs. On the rear of the speaker, the VXT 6 offers an XLR/Jack combi input for direct connection to almost any studio equipment or hardware, with volume, Hi and Lo trim switches allowing you to fine tune and tailor the frequency response of your monitors depending on your room size and shape.
ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) Foam Enclosure
- High density / low resonance material giving improved structural integrity and rigidity resulting in an extended low-end response. Allows the internal design to have complex shapes and non-parallel walls, increasing rigidity and reducing internal nodes. ABS also has extremely high impact resistance and excellent damping characteristics which reduces cabinet resonance.
Front Firing Radiused / Non-parallel Ports
- Facilitates the smooth passage of air molecules which reduces port turbulence at high signal pressure levels. Front ring to avoid wall / corner coupling.
Radiused Enclosure Edges
- Eliminating diffraction and phase distortion results in improved imaging characteristics as well as a wider sweet spot at the monitoring position.
Silk Domed Tweeter
- The domed tweeter is comprised of true silk for fast transient response. Silk construction reduces ear fatigue and the tweeter waveguide geometry ensures HF directivity.
Woven Kevlar Cone
- The inter-molecular hydrogen bonds of Kevlar give the cone high tensile strength for it's light weight. Kevlar also maintains its strength and resilience over a wide temperature range. The lightweight and resilient properties of Kevlar reduces distortion and delivers extended low-end performance as compared to cones made from paper or polypropylene.
Proprietary Woofer Design
- The aluminum pole and vented formers remove heat and reduce the eects of power compression ensuring audio performance is consistent and does not deteriorate over time.
HF and LF Controls
- Adjustment of the LF response is provided to allow compensation for room response and desktop positioning. Adjustment of the HF is provided to compensate for room acoustics or to reduce ear fatigue when listening for extended durations.
Multiple Protection Circuitry
- Thermal, over voltage and over-current circuitry is employed in the design. There is also a switchable limiter which will protect the unit from transients in the signal path.
- Allowing the disconnection of the ground terminal to help resolve issues such as hum and buzz caused by ground loops in poorly congured power systems.
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*