Volca Sample; a digital sample sequencer from Korg allowing you to tweak, play and sequence samples and perform with just one unit.
Volca Sampler for Up To 100 Samples
Bringing back the fun and excitement of first generation samplers, the Volca Sample allows you to use any sound; vocals, ambient sound, glitches, whatever you want, to make music all in real time for fantastically dynamic performances.
Intuitive Sequencer for Great Improvisation
Korg have built-in a step sequencer that was made with a focus on easy editing, allowing you to improvise, inserting and removing parts on the fly.
16 step keys allow for quick step-recording, or you can record in real time as you perform and by combining completed sequences you can create great song patterns.
Additionally, an active step function allows you to insert and remove steps inside a sequence in an instant, while a step function and a swing function give you quick and easy options to create awesome grooves for dynamic, improvised performances.
Check out the “See It In Action” and “Hear It In Action” tabs to the left to hear some of the awesome sounds you can create with this incredible piece of gear.
Record and Play Back Up To 11 Parameters with Powerful Sound Control Options
11 different knobs allow you to change up the parameters of each of the sample sounds so you can tweak the samples how you want or come up with new sounds of your own.
You can also record knob movements into motion sequences to create time-varying change in the sound. All knob movements related to sound editing can be recorded, allowing for high level audio editing that you just don’t find in other samplers in this class.
Parameters You Can Use with Motion Sequence:
- Start Part (Playback Start Location)
- Length (Playback Length)
- Hi Cut (Cutoff Frequency)
- Speed (Playback Speed)
- Pitch EG Int (Pitch EG Depth)
- Pitch EG Attack (Pitch EG Attack Time)
- Pitch EG Decay (Pitch EG Decay Time)
- Amp Level
- Amp EG Attack (Amp EG Attack Time)
- Amp EG Decay (Amp EG Decay Time)
An analogue isolator allows you to boost or cut the low or high frequency ranges at your leisure while a reverse effect allows you to play the samples backwards and an on-board reverb effect allows you to add depth and dimension to your sound.
Free iOS App for Sample Creation
While using the 100 preloaded samples is great fun and has tonnes of creative potential, you can go to infinity and beyond with the dedicated, free iOS app.
Using the iOS app, AudioPocket, creating your own samples for use with the Korg Volca Sample is easy and fun.
Audio files on your iPhone or iPad or sounds that you record with the app can all be used as samples; you also get access to a library of sounds designed by Korg!
Just download the free app on the AppStore and get started – the possibilities are limitless.
As Fun as It Is Easy to Use
Korg have designed the Volca Sample to be instantly usable; you can just jump straight in and start creating music and having fun.
The controls are kept simple and intuitive while giving you serious sample editing power that has been geared towards live performance.
Bringing back the excitement and enjoyability of first generation samplers, the Korg Volca Sample combines vintage charm with modern accessibility.
Korg Volca Sample Digital Sample Sequencer Specs:
- Keyboard: Multi-Touch Keyboard
- Type: PCM
- Max. Polyphony: 8 Voices
- Number of Samples (100 User Over Writable)
- Memory Size for Samples: 4 MB, Maximum 65 Seconds
- Sampling Frequency: 31.25 kHz, 16 bit
- Edit: Sample (Start Point, Length, Hi Cut), Pitch (Speed, EG Int, Attack, Decay), Amp (Level, Pan, Attack, Decay), Reverse On/Off
- Digital Reverb: On/Off, Mix
- Analogue Isolator: Bass, Treble
- Number of Parts: 10
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 10
- Control: Motion Sequence, Active Step, Step Jump, Swing
- Maximum Number of Sequence: 16
- Number of Recording Songs: 6
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm Monaural Mini Jack, Max. Input Level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm Monaural Mini Jack, Max. Output Level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Battery Life: Approx. 10 Hours (Using Alkaline Batteries)
- Power Supply: AA Alkaline Battery x 6 or AA Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery x 6 or AC Adapter (DC 9V) (Not Included)
- Included Items: AA Alkaline Battery x 6 (for Verifying Operation), Cable
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 193mm x 115mm x 45mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.77”
- Weight: 372g/13.12 oz. (Excluding Batteries)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||2.100000|
|Key Action||Ribbon / Touch|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.