Volca Kick, an analogue kick generator from Korg that delivers powerful sounds from kick drum to kick bass.
Analog Kick Generator – Volca Kick
With an analogue circuit based on the powerful sound of the original MS-20 filter, the Volca Kick allows you to create a huge range of kick sounds that you can only get from real analogue circuitry.
Analog Kick with MS-20 Filter Oscillation
Using a totally analogue circuit, the Volca Kick generates powerful kick sounds with real presence.
Thanks to the Rev.1 filter from the original MS-20, which self-oscillates when resonance is increased to the maximum, the Volca Kick produces awesomely powerful kick sounds with complex overtones.
You can create and manipulate a huge range of sounds using the onboard simple yet extremely effective parameters.
Using the MS-20 RESONATOR (PITCH/BEND/TIME) you can control the pitch that generates the body resonance of the kick sound, next you can use the PULSE COLOUR/LEVEL to adjust the clip components in order to control the attack while AMP ATTACK/DECAY offer intuitive control over the sound’s decay.
Take the sound from a tight kick to a slow-decaying fat kick or a pitched kick bass; there’s potential to create kick sounds suited for all sorts of music.
Drive and Tone Control and Powerful Kick Bass Sound
Not only does the Volca Kick make use of an MS-20 analogue kick generator circuit but it also has an analogue drive with a number of distortion stages.
You can select the level and type of distortion using a single knob, increasing the power and variety of the kick sounds. The tone control function allows further control over the sound’s character by adjusting the high frequency range.
What’s more; the Volca Kick is not simply a kick drum machine! By using the 16-key touch-panel keyboard, you can perform some seriously dynamic kick bass.
Using the Vocla Kick’s powerful analogue circuitry you can generate awesome sub bass sound often found in trap and grime music and with the Volca Kick offering up a wide pitch range, you can include a variety of sounds in your sequences such as low tom, high tom and assorted sound effects.
Volca Style Sequencing and Pattern Creation
A built-in loop sequencer with up to 16 steps allows you to record your performance on the keyboard as you play with the ability to store up to sixteen sequence patterns on the internal memory.
Also, using the pattern chain function you can connect multiple sequence patterns together for successive playback, allowing you to 32, 64 or even 256 steps by joining up to 16 sequences.
The incredibly useful Motion Sequence function records your knob movements to create time-varying change in the sound; great for live performance dynamics.
Additionally, an active step function allows you to insert and remove steps inside a sequence in an instant, while a step function and a swing function give you quick and easy options to create awesome grooves for dynamic, improvised performances.
With the new Touch FX function, you can further bolster your performance potential. Instantly trigger sequence effects with a simple touch of the step key, adding all sorts of dynamism to your real-time performance.
Portable, Powerful and Simple to Use
The Korg Volca Kick has been designed to be extremely compact in size and can even be powered by batteries – combining this with its built-in speaker means you can take the Volca Kick with you wherever you go and perform anywhere any time.
Check out the “See It In Action” and “Hear It In Action” tabs to hear some of the awesome sounds you can create with this incredible piece of gear.
With a focus on intuitive and comprehensive controls, Korg have created an extremely easy and fun to use kick machine in the Volca Kick.
Korg Volca Kick Key Features:
- MS-20 Filter Oscillation
- Analog Kick Sounds
- Aggression Control with Drive and Tone Functions
- Kick Bass Sounds
- Volca Style Sequencing
Korg Volca Kick Specs:
- Type: Multi touch keyboard / Step key
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 1 voice
- Structure: VCF (no input MS-20 Rev1 filter as resonator), Pulse Generator, VCA, analogue DRIVE, analogue TONE
- MS-20 Resonator: Pitch/Octave, Bend, Time
- Pulse: Colour, Level
- Amp: Attack, Decay Drive
- Tone: Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- Number of Parts: 1
- Number of Steps: 16
- Number of Recording Patterns: 16 (each with its own sound program)
- Controls: Pattern Chain, Motion Sequence, Touch FX, Active Step, Accent (On/Off, Depth), Slide, Bend Reverse, Roll (1/4, 1/2, 1/1, 4/3, 2/1, 3/1), Octave (1 Oct Up, 2 Oct Up), Sustain, Swing
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V), Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6, Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
Size and Weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 193 x 115 x 46 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.81”
- Weight 377 g / 13.29 oz. (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable
- Optional Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*